Thoughts on Vredestein Quatrac 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Propflux01
I wonder how they compare with the General rt45 alitmax?

The P7's are great in dry, horrible in wet traction.

No clue on the General
21.gif

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
I wish they had the right 14" size for my Ranger. I bet they would be good on a little 2wd pickup.

Your '86 Ranger is still operational? That's quite impressive
thumbsup2.gif

Overall, I do believe these are the best tires I've bought to date. Definitely my first that carries the 3 peak snowflake symbol. Can't wait to try it in the snow.

The general has probably been the best tire I’ve had on my Elantra all around. I’ve had kuhmo, Goodyear triple tread, conti, pirelli p7, and now the rt43. The only issue I’ve had (other than snow/ice which is only one week a year here) is like most tires I’ve had, they get louder as wear goes. For some reason I seem very susceptible and sensitive to road noise, I hear it loud and at times I can’t even carry a conversation without it being a distraction. I was hoping these might be better, otherwise I’ll probably have to go back with the generals.

The Quatrac 5, when brand new, is extremely quiet. The quietest tires I've purchased. Will they get louder as they wear? Most likely. How much louder, no idea. . yet. My personal experience is, these are the best all around tire (so far. Haven't experienced winter weather yet) that I've purchased to date. I like them so much, I will purchase 4 more for my Corolla when the time comes. I would get them for my Celica too, but they don't come in 195/60R15
frown.gif

If these are available in your size and is less expensive than the Generals, I would definitely give them a try for your vehicle. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

tyre tread warranties are bullpoo set by the manufacturer to get another sale giving you a small credit!! otherwise always checking out the newer stuff! just had the second set of pirelli's bought last year on sale on girlfriends 13 malibu, good all around tyre with little use in snow as we are retired + stay home in bad Pa weather, but even though better than most all-season-but-winter tyres real snow tyres are always best!! some tyres LOOSE their winter rating when the top layer is worn off becoming typical all-season-but-winter tyres!!

Originally Posted by Eosyn
The Quatrac 5, when brand new, is extremely quiet. The quietest tires I've purchased. Will they get louder as they wear? Most likely. How much louder, no idea. . yet. My personal experience is, these are the best all around tire (so far. Haven't experienced winter weather yet) that I've purchased to date. I like them so much, I will purchase 4 more for my Corolla when the time comes. I would get them for my Celica too, but they don't come in 195/60R15
frown.gif

If these are available in your size and is less expensive than the Generals, I would definitely give them a try for your vehicle. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Glad to hear it, it is good that there is another all-weather type tire option.. even if these are more biased towards dry/wet performance than the Nokian WR-G3 which leans more towards winter performance.

Originally Posted by benjy
real snow tyres are always best!! some tyres LOOSE their winter rating when the top layer is worn off becoming typical all-season-but-winter tyres!!

I see this posted alot? Which tire(s) is that?

I thought maybe you were talking about bridgstone blizzak ws-80 but those have 60% Multicell compound over a normal winter rubber compound.

Very happy with my Quatrac 5s on a 1999 Avalon. About 2k miles in, they are noticeably louder than when new, but only on certain rough-grain pavement. Fantastic handling dry or wet, superior wet traction. Only installed in May, so no snow use yet. No uneven wear whatsoever to explain any added noise. They were very, very quiet when new.

They replaced some half-worn, 6 year old Primewell Valera Tourings which were... round and held air. They came with the car when I bought it and served their purpose.

FWIW, I have been in many cars with Nokian WR tires and they can really make some noise. These Quatracs seem quieter now, and I don't foresee them being any louder than WRs.

I ran a couple set of the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires, they were great - super sticky wet and dry and smooth. Unfortunately, they stopped making them in my size a few years ago. I was very happy with them. I know they are totally different than what you are looking at, but there isn't a lot of info out there (here in the US) about the brand.

Originally Posted by CBR.worm
I ran a couple set of the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires, they were great - super sticky wet and dry and smooth. Unfortunately, they stopped making them in my size a few years ago. I was very happy with them. I know they are totally different than what you are looking at, but there isn't a lot of info out there (here in the US) about the brand.

Is your tire size 235/45-18?
smile.gif

They don't make the Sessanta in any size anymore! It is an older, now discontinued line. Vredestein does offer both the Ultrac Satin and Ultrac Vorti in your size 235/45-18
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rand
Originally Posted by benjy
real snow tyres are always best!! some tyres LOOSE their winter rating when the top layer is worn off becoming typical all-season-but-winter tyres!!

I see this posted alot? Which tire(s) is that?

I thought maybe you were talking about bridgstone blizzak ws-80 but those have 60% Multicell compound over a normal winter rubber compound.

The "all-weather" tire group that have the 3-peak but aren't actual winter tires are like this since they're really just all-seasons with more tread that's slightly focused more on snow capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back