Amsoil 60 wt. Racing Oil in a Thumper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It uses a fully formulated, JASO MA and API, SJ/CF additive package and is fine for older bikes.

Specifically recommended for older Harley Shovelheads.

TS

I have a customer running this in his HiPo Twin Cam 98" that is in SoCal. He has been very happy with it. Personally I think it is a very stable oil but must be necessary to use.

I run this oil in my 79 FXS HD. When I switched over from 60wt Harley oil I had to turn the idle down. The motor spins so much easier, also oil temp is alot cooler.

Like most "mono grade" synthetic oils, the SAE 60 does meet the flow requirements to rate a "W". I guess the 60 would be like a 25W as the bot says.

I'm a little bummed that my Harley neighbor across the road is moving. He was my only customer for this juice (and loved it).....but then again I haven't asked him if he's taking his bike.

Do you guy's think this would be a better choice for folks that use 20-50 and in the Summer, oil analysis are showing there oils are shearing back to lets say a high thirtyish to low 40ish range?

Or would it create problems in engines that spec a 20-50? My personal opinion is it would not.....

Comments please!

Harley fine, but I wouldn't use it in a thumper that revs'. Many of the sae60 and 70 race oils have an intended usage in fuel motors that see huge fuel dilution. They aren't formulated for everyday street use. Not saying amsoil is like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back