Good 2 stroke injector oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heath:

Am I reading your reference correctly?

It looks like on the chart HP injector is "Not Recommended" and Interceptor is not the best choice but "Good" under the scooter section.

The scooter you mention is basically bulletproof. The oils available in '87 will be easily surpassed by nearly any of todays oils. My sister-in-law has a Honda Spree that has seen nothing but Pennz TCW oils for 8900 miles, and runs like new. That being stated, any oil rated for TC, and injector friendly will work fine. Mobil MX2T is pricy, but I am still finding it in AutoZones on closeout for .99 a pint, making it a clear winner at less than 2.00 a quart. Maxima Scooter 2t or Scooter Pro, Castrol Act-Evo, or TTS, Shell Advance VSX 2, even the very underrated Lucas Smokeless 2stroke oil (a virtual Act-Evo clone; components and blend percentages) at O'Reilley Auto would be fine. Seeing by your signature you live in Cali, you may want a designer oil for those jaunts to the local coffee shop or restaurant. Make the valet smile with a Strawberry Scented 2 stroke oil. It smells like Cream Soda!
 -

I did drain the old oil from oil tank from last year run in 2000 plus a topoff from the seller of Honda HP and refilled with Motul 600 ( same as Motul 710)for $11 a qt.

No smoke - runs ok for last week. I also dumped the gas and trannie oil. I ended up choosing between Castrol TTS and Motul 600 - bought the Motul just because it was better stocked around here. This might be the first longtime garage refugee that I've gotten back on the road without redoing the carbs for gunk or tank for rust.

I did throw redline 75-90 diff oil in the trannie to clean it up ( spec is auto 10-40 dino). I'll dump it again since its only 3-4 oz.

Next - rubber - 20 year old tires and belt.

Something I'd advise doing on any autolube 2stroke is to track the fuel vs oil usage to see where the ratio is running. This is way more important than brand A or brand B oil IMHO. You may want to tweak the pump adjustment if it's low, not uncommon after the cables have stretched a little. Also different oils seem to pump at different rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back