What is the average life span of a Harley engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will last for generations. Someone mentioned that it was all in how it is riden. Owner/rider maintenance and care is the real secret. Usually, if you ride a machine like you love it, you will be acutely aware of what goes on, and react to any abnormal changes in sound or feel. Those who don't probably have the same problems with their 4-wheeled vehicles. I love every Harley that I own. I avoid city driving at all times, unless I absolutely must go there. The extra miles to bypass are just more scenery.

Jack

You should get 100k out of that Sportster if you use good synthetic oils and change them often and don't beat the bike too hard. Keep the bike tuned well and get yourself a service manual.
smile.gif

Quote:

You should get 100k out of that Sportster if you use good synthetic oils and change them often and don't beat the bike too hard. Keep the bike tuned well and get yourself a service manual.
smile.gif

Thanks! What do you consider "beating on the bike" is? I do tons of full throttle starts.

Quote:

Quote:

smile.gif

Thanks! What do you consider "beating on the bike" is? I do tons of full throttle starts.

This is "beating on a bike":

Quote:

If ever there was an good argument for a tiered licensing system, it is these 150 + mph stock motorcycles that any kid with a few bucks can buy.

Bob W.

...Also for premium-priced, lousy-handling, mediocre-braking, obsolete "heritage" technology rolling road-blocks and their saloon-hopping, 500 mile-per-year "biker" operators.
smile.gif
fighter.gif

Drew

I see just as many of the over 40 crowd killed.
frown.gif
They buy an 800 pound cruiser instead of something that has brakes,quick handling and suspension that works instead of just being shiny parts to hold on the wheels
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back