Your favorite EDC/every day carry KNIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old trusty Kershaw on the bottom in these pics I've been carrying for many years. New Kershaw I just got as a gift on top. The new Kershaw is nice but doesn't carry as deep as I'd like.

Last edited:
EDC and its my Spyderco Endura4 FFG by a landslide. Just the perfect pocket knife for me. Now, if I'm on duty I like my Sypderco SaverSalt. Zero maintenance, aggressive serrations and a safety tip. I've ripped through carhartts while my partner was stuck with trauma sheers going nowhere. Plus its great as a slim jim on some residential units.

Giantmouse GM3 and Benchmade 940 are pretty regular for me. I've got a bunch of knives, but for some reason the skinny body of these two always wins out. Plus the blades are great. I only wish the GM3 had a stronger detent.

Either a Leatherman Juice CS4 (I like having scissors and pliers at work) or an Opinel #7. Used to carry a Wenger swiss army, it's somewhere in a creek near me...also used to carry a Gerber Nautilus. Weird multi/ swiss army ish knife, but it had a little light built in that I like. I don't carry it much anymore, the Leatherman is a better fit and the Opinel seems invisible in my pocket.

A little late to the game, but my main carry is a Spyderco PM2. Standard model, not into the shelf queen collectors in some limited sprint run color and blade steel. Digital camo G10 with an S30V blade is as good as I need for a knife that gets almost daily use.

[Linked Image]

I carry a CRKT My Tighe with a smooth blade. Had it a long time.

When I'm on my bicycles and not wearing street clothes, I have a small bowie neck type knife on my Camelbak strap that has proved invaluable but the model name is escaping me at the moment. I think it's also a CRKT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BikeWhisperer
A little late to the game, but my main carry is a Spyderco PM2. Standard model, not into the shelf queen collectors in some limited sprint run color and blade steel. Digital camo G10 with an S30V blade is as good as I need for a knife that gets almost daily use.

[Linked Image]

You really cannot beat a PM2. It's a larger knife that disappears in the pocket. Light weight and comfortable to handle. I have the same knife but with a DLC coated blade.

I carry a Ganzo G741 with a bright orange Zytel handle.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Schrade Xtimer. Had it since 2002. The clip broke off a long time ago. It fit my had great. Then it broke a year ago. First the tip broke off while in my pocket then a couple of days later the blade snapped off at the base when I went to cut something. Probably used it as a screw driver one to many times. To bad schrade is gone. I would love another one.

Last edited:
I've carried various Benchmade knives over the years. For about the last 3 years I carry an Infidel off and on.

hey folks - I just bought a Kershaw swerve and was disappointed to find that it had an spring opening (possibly illegal in my state). can someone recommend a small blade that is light and no spring opening? no tactical / operator BS. I have a leatherman now that is wearing out.

Originally Posted by Chester11
hey folks - I just bought a Kershaw swerve and was disappointed to find that it had an spring opening (possibly illegal in my state). can someone recommend a small blade that is light and no spring opening? no tactical / operator BS. I have a leatherman now that is wearing out.

Leatherman Skeletool kb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back