How would U answer this- Rotella is crap??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this on a motorcycle forum I visit: " Rotella has a lot of modifiers for carbon particulates that you get in a diesal. Its crap. If you don't want to blow up your engine by excessive turbo pressure you'll get rid of it." Being the nimrod I am with oil topics how would you answer this. Rotella seems to be an excellant product I use not only in my thumper but pickup as well. Thanks and have a good one!

I wouldn't [answer it], as it's not worthy of a response.

OTOH, if you are compelled to reply, point them to the Rotella VOA and multiple UOAs listed here at BITOG which tend to disagree with the assertion.
cheers.gif

[ May 15, 2006, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: PRND3L ]

Rotella is one of the classic HDEO's and definitely NOT crap. Lot's of people use it with much success.

vstrom,
that is an easy one.

yamaha seca 650 turbo
honda cx 550 turbo (or was it just a 500? based on the the silver wing)

i can't seem to remember if kawi (gpz 750 turbo seem to ring a bell) or suzi did one or not. been over 20 years now i think.

sunruh you are on the right track.
Yamaha Seca 650 turbo
Honda CX500 turbo
Honda CX650 turbo
Kawasaki GPZ 750 turbo
Suzuki XN85 Turbo
Most of these were made from the early to mid 80's

quote:

Originally posted by KBFXDLI:
Rotella is one of the classic HDEO's and definitely NOT crap. Lot's of people use it with much success.

Including myself on my Yamaha FZR600.

Speaking of turbos, every heavy duty diesel engine has a turbo that I can think of, so I would say Rotella is safe for a turbo car or M/C application.

Howdy, turns out it was supposed, I now think, to be a tongue in cheek comment, but I did not read it that way. Seems more than one cycle forum loathes the "dreaded oil thread", and some seem to post comments to embarrass the posters. This site has ruined me as I enjoy the topics. Went deeper into my addiction, and added 3 ounces of VSOT to my old stash of red cap Mobil 1 in my goose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back