What are we using for premix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over my riding career I've used (in chronological order)

Golden Spectro

Yamalube

Duralube

Maxma super M

back to Yamalube

and now Mobil 1 MX2T

I can't help but feel like I'm cheating my bike by not giving it premix from the $tealer.

I know the Mobil is good stuff and it's a real treat to avoid the high and mighty employees at the dealer.

im using castrol grand prix 2 stroke from walmart. costs a little over 2.00 a quart.

i was using klotz but that stuff along with most of the brands you mention are too expensive for my frugal wallet.

As a kid living at home, dad used nothing but used motor oil for all of our 2 stroke engines. Didn't seem to hurt a bit and engines lasted much longer than the parts they were attached to.

Also used 40 or 50w motor oils as kid, no two cycle oils were available. 1 quart to 5 gallons of gas, shake the can up and ride. Worked and engines and rings seem to last as long as today but we sure fouled a lot of plugs and smoked the neighborhood out.

Masteracid, the cheap castrol gp api-tc is pretty good stuff. It seems (from my plug reads and the msds) that it has a really big dose of the lowash detergent in it. Runs real clean on the parts and Found I can run richer ratio's without carbon or EXvalve sticking. Anytime I can use more oil in the mix I like it. Started stocking up on it because sure as sam, walmart will drop it if they can't muscle the price down next contract.

[ May 12, 2006, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: wileyE ]

I am also one of those who used what ever I could get my hands on to mix with my fuel for my 2smokes. In the 70's a kid had to do what a kid had to do.

And one thing you HAD to do was carry a plug in your pocket. Another thing that I found out was that you wanted to run your bike until it was out of fuel. Well, that is if you didn't want to foul the plug before you even got it started next ride. But at that time, I had no intentions of anylizing the situation...I only wanted to be able to rip and tear. (this should read as I did a lot of pushing no matter what...pushing as well as riding tandom with a pal for a fuel run)

Much older and yzer now...
I have found that for the money, I can't find a premium 2-cycle oil that is any better than M1 Racing 2T (MX2T). This includes performance, parts cleanliness, and measurements.
And I've tried a multitude of them.

I only run small bore 2T's now, and always use 20-26:1 ratios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back