OC after 1 yr and 90 miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have put only 90 miles on the Mobil 15w50 and OEM filter in my 2002 Suzuki Eiger ATV but did the last change one year ago. Should I still change?

wow ! why so heavy oil ? doesnt manual call for 10 W 40 ? since you dont ride much i'd recommend annual changes. of course i'd recommend you use amsoil. also since its out doors even though its covered up, condensation is a big oil killer. if you use the OEM stuff i'd recommend 6 month changes.

quote:

Originally posted by Arctic388:
wow ! why so heavy oil ? doesnt manual call for 10 W 40 ? since you dont ride much i'd recommend annual changes. of course i'd recommend you use amsoil. also since its out doors even though its covered up, condensation is a big oil killer. if you use the OEM stuff i'd recommend 6 month changes.

Manual allows for up to 15w50 due to summer temps in SC, plus due to the considerable amount of slow speed riding and other comments on running the redcap 15w50 I gave it a try. The oil cooler fan has definitely had less of a work out since changing to the Mobil1. However, I am looking to switch to a 5w40 but I haven't been able to find Rotella in my area. What filter would you recommend over OEM?

the reference i use is very limited on filters of your model.

These Oil Filters
have 20 x 1mm threads,
11 psi by-pass valve,
anti-drain back valve.

Available filters include:
AMSOil SMF 109
Bike Master 314-0025
Champion PH7016
Cycle Power 314-1919
Emgo 10-55662
Emgo 10-55660
Fram PH6018
Hi-Flo HF138
J.C.Whitney ZX063166P
K&N 138
NAPA 1359 / WIX 51359
Parts Unlimited
Per-Form J-509
ProPart 01-0029
Purolator ML16818
STP SMO-18
Suzuki 16510-03G00-X07
VESRAH vsf-3009

of these i'd use the Purolator if you can find it but if not the only one i know is easily found is the FRAM. i would use it on my bike if that was the part #'s i had to pick from. i havent had any exposure to any of this filter except the FRAM.
i still wouldnt use such heavy oil. do find some 5W40. the only other thing is YOU NEED TO RIDE MORE ! those few hours are almost a crime.

I really like the Amsoil 0w-40 synthetic and use it in all of our atv's.
My g/f's Yamaha Bruin was beginning to smoke on start-up with the Yamalube but the Amsoil stopped that. Plus the oil cooling fan runs a lot less.

I will always run the Amsoil and change it once a year as we don't ride that much. Less than 300 miles a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back