Bosch 3300,

About 3.25 inches long.
Purolator Pure One PL14610,
Mobil 1 M1-110,
Bosch 3323,
SuperTech ST7317,

quote:

Originally posted by sxg6:

fram ph6607. im pretty sure supertech 6607 is the exact same thing..........

I took this filter apart once... it has paper end seals and its glued together on either end and the filter media is glued together in the center... very fragile and nasty looking little ***...

I changed to the purolator L14612 cross-over and used that instead... after the test use I took it apart and it is much much better than the scram... it has rubber end-seals and a metal plate holding the media together in the center.. I suggest using this filter instead of scrafam or any of the other similar ones to it... lol

good luck ! =)

ALso, the Kawasaki OEM filter is 99.99 % identical to the fram, that is why I don't use OEM Kawi filters either.. to me they look like total junk... here are the pics of the kawi oem filter..

crap ==

-

more crap ==

-

quote:

Originally posted by RevRider:
Why do you feel the Toyo Roki is junk?

RevRider

The above post states that I took apart a fram filter, then I also took apart the roki, they are 99.99% identical inside.

I feel that they are both total junk. They are basically made from glued together cardboard.

The only other filter brand that I have taken apart is the Purolator, and I was very pleased with the construction. The end-seals were made of rubber and the filter media was empregnated to it, the filter paper itself was clamped together using a steel clamp .... much much higher quality than the fram/roki filter.

so there. =)

Hi FordFast,

The following is from a Web Site called: Motorcycle Oil Filters Exposed. This is the Toyo Roki filter being commented on, and at the site, the filter was opened with corresponding pictures:

"This is how a high-performance oil filter should be built. It has a wide filter cartridge to expose more filter area. The endcaps are made of formed metal. The silicone seal up front offers a very positive seal to the element. The bypass valve is integrated into the bottom endcap to eliminate possible leaks there. The semi O-ring design of the gasket offers a better seal to the mount, and 4 to 5 full mounting threads ensures that it will stay there. This filter is premium at a premium price, but it is worth it. I ordered in quantity from Sloan's to spread the shipping cost.

Update: This filter is identical to the Kawasaki OEM filter for the EX500. They are both made by Toyo Roki."

Seems like we have two diverse opinions on the same filter...

RevRider

RevRider, Their review may have shown a good filter, but the pics above indicate otherwise.

Like I said, I also opened up a Fram of the comparable motorcycle model and it was 99.99% identical and so was the fram automobile variant of the same exact filter.

I'm going to stick with the Purolator.

I'd judge the fram's on an individual make and model basis, they're not all the same. Most to me look fine, especially the cartridge types. The spin ons got a pretty bad rep years ago in racing (being banned by some organizations) mud sticks, so I still look them over pretty good and tend to select another brand if available.

i fully agree that fram's are junk. id go with supertech, stp, or any other champ filter. purolators are very good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back