What oil in a 2003 zx-6r?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a 2003 zx-6r last July. I did one oil change on it so far which was with kawachem. My friend told me that stuff is garbage. I don't know how true that is. So my question is what are some of the top oils for this bike? I would prefer synthetic if possible.

Hello, I have a 2004 ZX6R, basically the same thing. Great bike, the suspension needs to be softened up quite a bit and they really need a steering dampner. I got a Ohlins for mine. I have about 14,000 mile on mine and usually change at 3000 miles but have been known to go further. I have used Mobil 15w-50 but found I liked the shifting better w/ the Amsoil 10w-40, it also seems to run a little cooler. For the money I've also ran Shell Rotella T 15w-40 and 5w-40, and had good luck w/ both. I think that everyone here will agree there's a lot of good MC oils both synthetic and non-synthetic..

Oh here's mine.

-

NYC,

quote:

I just picked up a 2003 zx-6r last July. I did one oil change on it so far which was with kawachem. My friend told me that stuff is garbage. I don't know how true that is. So my question is what are some of the top oils for this bike? I would prefer synthetic if possible.

What Kawachem oil did you use? The mineral or syn?

From Kawasaki's online store

quote:

Originally posted by jef1ge:
NYC,

quote:

What Kawachem oil did you use? The mineral or syn?

From Kawasaki's online store

To tell you the truth i'm not sure. I don't think it was synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back