flush that bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,
About a month ago I did an engine flush on my suzuki wet clutch sport bike.
I put a fresh oil filter on 2 quarts of 20w-50 and I quart of kerosene., I let the bike idle for 10 minutes.
Drained out the thin and dark oil,left the filter on, then put 3 quarts of fresh 20w-50 in.
Let the bike idle for another 10 mins.

Drained that oil out, and took the filter off.
Let it drain 20+ mins until dripping stopped.

put new filter and 3 quarts 10w-40 oil in.

so far after a month a daily riding, the oil in the view window is still crystal clear, its usualy darker by then.
and the shifting has improved.
The bike seems more responsive when engaging the clutch.

Also the bike has 8000miles, and my OCI was 2000miles with 10w-40 MA Jaso bike oil.

just a little FYI

Hmmm... I didn't think kerosene had any lubricating qualities...
crushedcar.gif

Yeah, but the oil he put it in had lubricating qualities and idling for 10 minutes probably did not hurt a thing. At least he flushed all the kerosene out by refilling with some clean oil and then changing it all out, including filter, afterwards. That's not to say I would do the same. I think this used to be a standard engine cleaning technique way back before "engine flush" was available. I would be more inclined to use ARX or LC in some way to clean my motorcycle engine over a period of miles. Sounds like what he did was quick, cheap, and effective. I'll give him that.

if he idled it for a few minutes then keroscene is not any more harsh than cycle rx, or even nomral motor oil on a wet clutch, sence the clutch isnt used during idling.

Thanks dudes

I thought of auto RX, but Im in Canada and custom fee's can be a PITA.

I thought that my oil cooler might be gummed up.

The oil in my sight window is Still a light brown.
I think I will have it analyized after 3000kms.

By then Its usualy pitch black.
so far it has 2200kms, and looks like honey..
smile.gif

Safe Riding
nik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back