Yamalube 2-S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2 stroke Yamaha RXZ135, 135cc 2 stroke, reed valve with boost bottle aircooled engine.

I've been using Yamalube 2-S on it, it has about 3700 miles. Last two times I cleaned the sparkplug, the color was fine, but there were ash deposits on it!
Also the bike smokes quite a bit when cold.

Only way the ash could have got there is on the oil, so I guess it has a high ash content, but from the few information I was able to gather on the net (look for Yamalube 2-S and you'll find links to every yamaha product, except for actual info on the oil), it seems that it is no good.

How bad is it? Should I use all the remaining bottles I have of it and start using a different oil?

No Amsoil nor blue marble is available in here, I'm limited to a few types of Maxima and Motul, plus the cheap Castrol 2 stroke oil and even less known brands that will never touch my bike.

I have used yamalube and maxima in my two strokes with zero problems. there is no reason to change it if you think it's working ok.
Mobil1 makes an excellent two stroke oil. try finding it at an autoparts store or a Walmart.

Do not worry about the color of the sparkplug,also the reason for the smoke is the combustion temperature is not hot enough.Why don't you use yamalube 2-r isn't the 2-s for injection,I have used yamalube 2R in the past with good tear down inspections.Maxima and motul are awesome premix oils. If you are not HEAVY ON THE GAS,you can use Maxima super m,if you consider youself a good rider and have the rpms up often use Maxima k-2.Do not worry about sparkplug color, go by how the motor feels.

Hehehe, guys I'm from Mexico, and that is my commuter bike.

It has autolube, so I need an oil for injector.

And even if I tried, or could afford it, there is no way to get the Mobil nor Yamalube 2-r

I just wanted to know how good or bad the Yamalube 2S is, as I can get Motul 927, I think, for almost the same price.

quote:

Originally posted by Susser Tod:
Hehehe, guys I'm from Mexico, and that is my commuter bike.

It has autolube, so I need an oil for injector.

And even if I tried, or could afford it, there is no way to get the Mobil nor Yamalube 2-r

I just wanted to know how good or bad the Yamalube 2S is, as I can get Motul 927, I think, for almost the same price.

It is called Maxima 927 not Motul,the 927 is part castor and part synthetic,you do not want this oil in injection.The 927 is one fine premix oil,but do not use in a oil injection bike.

2S is a semi syn blended by citgo and does use a low ash (aircooled) detergent package, which is what you want for your bike IMO. It's good oil from my experience, used it in a lot higher power per cc motors than your yamaha (snowmobiles). Agree with KX455, you don't want to use premix only oil in your autolube. What castrol product are you afraid of? They must make a dozen different flavors of two cycle. Locally I get castrol grandprix 2 stroke for $2.22 a quart and have been using it my mod sled this year, it's great stuff. Low price doesn't always mean it's inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back