Your favorite EDC/every day carry KNIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kershaw CQC-3K. It's an Emerson clone. Got it for $13 delivered from Massdrop, the Wave opener makes it super easy to use when holding something (or someone) with your other hand. Plain blade, sharpens fine for an EDC knife, and if it breaks or you lose it, who cares about a $13 knife?
6014tblk_profile_1020x400.png

All Spyderco. I have a older Gayle Bradley Air that I use for opening packages and letters etc and a Paramilitary 2 DigiCamo with black DLC blade. These two I always carry but I also have a Brad Southard flipper with the 204P steel.

I really like the Gayle Bradley folders especially the GB2. The M4 is really a great steel.

Usually either a SPYDERCO Endura or some random Kershaw.

I often end up stripping a lot of wires at work, so a serrated blade is handy for that.

I have some really nice ones, but the one I usually carry and use every day is a cheap Old Timer Junior Stockman. I like the small size, and the three different blades actually come in handy.

I carry an Opinel all the time, such a great knife to actually carry in your pocket. I had a no8 for 35 years, but had broken the point 3 times, I upgraded to a No9, a little bigger but still good in a pocket.

I stopped trying to carry a pocketknife in 2006 when I was traveling by air every week on business, and I never got back into the habit of carrying one again.

I have one of these that I use all the time. It's got a great weight to it, super smooth action, and feels extremely well-built. Also includes a 'glass point' on the back end, plus a "j-knife". Awesome knife.

I carry a Benchmade 9053SBT AFO everyday.

If I'm dressed nice I carry my Microtech Ultratech.

I have a bunch of Opinel knives and I know they're supposed to be used, but they're just too pretty to me for some reason.

Small Opinel with carbon steel blade. I have a couple of larger stainless ones but I don't usually carry them.

The carbon steel blade developed some blackening in initial use but seems to have stabilised now.

Even the bigger Opinel aren't very rugged and wouldn't be appropriate choices as "survival" knives, but as urban rat race knives they are OK.

Depends on the day but I carry:

Ontario Rat II

Sanrenmu 7020 (Reeves knockoff)

They are both solid knives. The Sanrenmu quality is hard to believe at 7 dollars.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Kershaw CQC-3K. It's an Emerson clone. Got it for $13 delivered from Massdrop, the Wave opener makes it super easy to use when holding something (or someone) with your other hand. Plain blade, sharpens fine for an EDC knife, and if it breaks or you lose it, who cares about a $13 knife?
6014tblk_profile_1020x400.png

What a beast. I bet my Ruger LCP is nearly as light and small as that.

I always have a CRKT My Tigh with a non serrated blade in my regular clothes. I'm big with big hands and it's a nice, heavy knife with assisted open. I can open it one handed no problem.
At work, I have an old Blackie Collins Speedster that someone snapped the tip off of years ago so I re shaped and sharpened the blade. It's got a composite handle and is fairly slim and light. It is not open assist but I can also open it one handed. I've had that knife for about 25 years.
If I have to dress nice and the My Tigh is too big, I have a Ken Onion Chive. Nice little knife. I almost never carry it though.

Fan of the benchmade 940, had a couple for a long while now, but then I got a benchmade 903 and really like the G10 handle.

Can't say I carry either with regularity - I just don't care to have a knife in my pocket which I never use/need. I carry them interchangably when situations arise where they may b needed for whatever Im doing.

Swiss Army for me. Blade, file, scissors, phillips head, can opener, awl, flat head/bottler opener, saw, toothpick, tweezers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back