Schaeffer's 20w50 Racing Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody here have experience with Schaeffer's 20w50 racing oil in their bike? They make a syn blend and a moly blend.
I have used their oils in my powerstroke, but not in a car or bike.

radioman

i've never used it, but if it's anything like most if not all of the other schaeffer's products, it's probably a top notch product..however...i believe most racing oils are not that great of choice for a street driven scoot. the detergents that are normaly present in oils designed for street use, are weaker or not present in the racing oils. these are designed to be changed often, sometimes after each run. have read some good things about the valvoline vr1's, which i beleive are marketed as a street/strip oil.

if i was given 3 quarts, i would run it and have it analyzed. since i have 18 uoa's on my motor, it would be a very fair comparison.

penzdude,

Even though it is marketed as a "racing oil", it still has the detergent package you're talking about.

Ethan

Sunruh
quote:

if i was given 3 quarts, i would run it and have it analyzed. since i have 18 uoa's on my motor, it would be a very fair comparison.

Done. All I ask is that you follow up on your end with documentation. Give me 2-3 weeks. Please pm me with your address.

I know our chief chemists runs this oil in his harley and many others.

I thought that you had discarded my offer. Additionally the rules of engagement for me changed.
Please pm me to clear-up any misunderstanding.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back