Virgin Super Tech ST4967 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
Looks very good. I'm running a FL-400S on the Camry for 4-5k then using the two ST 4386 I got while back

Use that filter with confidence
smile.gif

car51, a 96 Corolla with the 1.8 engine that uses the 4967 part # filter, can an FL-400S be used on this engine? What I'm getting at is, the diameter of the filter gasket is not to big for the mounting base, is it?

BOF-I've used both the FL-400S and XG3600 on both the 1.5 & 1.8 engines with no issues-but I would check that it doesn't extend down too far & catch gravel or road debris, I've never put one on a Corolla that old.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
BOF-I've used both the FL-400S and XG3600 on both the 1.5 & 1.8 engines with no issues-but I would check that it doesn't extend down too far & catch gravel or road debris, I've never put one on a Corolla that old.

It's mounted to the side of the block.
I wish I could get an FL-1A filter on my engines mounting spot.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

It's mounted to the side of the block.
I wish I could get an FL-1A filter on my engines mounting spot.
That I've done-my brother's old '87 Tercel with the 1.5 E-ADBV would fail inside of 2000 miles with any Puro nitrile ADBV, but it LOVED the FL-400S ones. Killed by the rust monster, LCA rusted & broke in half, ran into a ditch & tree. I told him not to drive it without fixing it first! Fortunately no one was hurt (except the car)...
15.gif

Any of the PH3600/FL-400S ones with a silicone ADBV would work, they're all twice the size of the original, as long as you can get them in & out & they don't rub on anything.

Any of the PH3600/FL-400S ones with a silicone ADBV would work, they're all twice the size of the original, as long as you can get them in & out & they don't rub on anything.

Yep, when I had the fl-400S on the Camry it didn't hang down too low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back