Rotella-T Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used Rotella-T Synthetic(5w40). in your Harley?

I switched over last oil change (Oct)and have ~2K on it now. Was using Mobil 1 15W50.

I have noticed No differance i the way the bike runs.

I have the Mobil 1 MX4T in my 250 Ninja right now. I was either going to go with the Delvac 1 or the Totella Syn. Haven't decided yet.

What do you think of the MX4T?
confused.gif

I think it's overpriced ($8 a quart
shocked.gif
). I have no doubt that it is an excellent oil-I think we are in the area of small returns for the buck. I only have the bike for 1300 miles so it's difficult to form a judgment. I really don't plan on going over probably 1500 miles (if that) on an oil change.

BTW this forum has some information on using Rotella and Rotella Syn for MC's
http://rotella.com/forum.html

[ December 11, 2002, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
I think it's overpriced ($8 a quart
shocked.gif
). I have no doubt that it is an excellent oil-I think we are in the area of small returns for the buck. I only have the bike for 1300 miles so it's difficult to form a judgment. I really don't plan on going over probably 1500 miles (if that) on an oil change.

BTW this forum has some information on using Rotella and Rotella Syn for MC's
http://rotella.com/forum.html

Why do you change the oil every 1500 miles? IMO that's crazy. No wonder you think MX4T is over priced. Check out my Redline analysis after 4200 miles.

Well last year I only rode 1300 miles. Typically I only ride maybe 50 miles a week. They are all short ones. So I probably have tremendous fuel dilution. I normally am an extended oil kind of guy- I take care of 6 vehicles and most get a once/year change.

You are right about being expensive at that rate of changing
grin.gif

Are your bike water cooled ot Air cooled? I was looking from an Air cooled standpoint. I change my oil around 2500-3000 miles so far 4 times this year.

I was using Mobil 1 15w50 and getting it in a 5 qt container for $17.88 at Wal-Mart but they have changed the formula so thought I would try Rotella T Syn for $12 for a 4 qt container.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back