Moly in Harley wetclutch/transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of you are very hesitant to use an oil with moly in a bikes transmission. Thought maybe you'd like to see what mine looks like. Had to replace my gasket on the clutch side so I drained my gear oil and pulled it apart and here is what it looked like after running the Schaeffers 239s 30wt http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/239S.html since 12,000 miles when we got it and it now has 28,000 on it. Not one ounce of trouble with the clutch slipping or gear shifting.
 -

And for those that want to really inspect this I have a bigger much closer copy on this link.
Bigger pic on 1200 harley clutch

[ October 14, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

The looks awful purty, Bob. I haven't heard from baby bro' about his Kawasaki Ninja. I bought him 5 qts. of 10W40 Micron Moly.
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

Isn't it though!... I was ready to start cleaning this thing out but was extremely happy with the way this looked. Didn't clean nothing but the old gasket off, and replaced that.

Now I forgot to mention that I did put in some neutra approx 200 miles prior to changing. I don't think it did anything for me because through the inspection area it appeared to look like it does now but Just for fun, I stuck about 2 ounces in and ran it. It did prove to me that it did not affect my clutches also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back