Carotid Stenosis??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mazomopar
Nice thing about ultrasound is seeing in real time. Yes, sometime we do positional manuevers to see if the patients have symptoms. Also, the vertebral arteries push blood up along side the vertebrae of your neck into the back side of the brain. These can get pinched occasionally in certain positions. Usually pain isnt associated with carotid stenosis, but never say never. Pretty far down the list, you could be thinking maybe carotid tumor,aneurysm. Crystal ball is a little frosted over today, 14 degrees here today. Best of luck.

I asked about it, asked if they can do a ultrasound flow study with varying positions, neither grandma's PCP nor the tech knew about it. Is there a special name for the this test?

CT Done!
It went well, the tech took great care of grandma, she has residual burning and tingling in her lower extremities. Now the wait for the read.

Hope everything turns out well.

I know someone up here who just waited 3 months to get a CT scan. Just curious how long did Grandma have to wait?

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Hope everything turns out well.

I know someone up here who just waited 3 months to get a CT scan. Just curious how long did Grandma have to wait?

Drive to Windsor or London or anywhere outside, you maybe able to get a quicker appt bro,

FYI: she had a few done the same day many years back in Windsor.

CT scans at the main hospital loc - 1 month wait to get a spot. But the new location 20 mins away, 1 week.

Good luck, many years back I tore my MCL and I worked at Aurora Hospital in WI, but for the life of me I could not get a MRI scheduled.
I had my MRI schedule for 3 weeks after I had the fall and ortho appt 93 days later.

Needless to say I had to sidewalk the ortho surgeon at work and have him take a peek before he started his day. The sad part is that my town graduates probably the highest number of ortho residents in US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back