Rush officially calls it quits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Lifeson has confirmed in an interview Rush will no longer tour nor record any new music:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/mus...762/?cmpid=rss1

I am sad to see them go, but it is very understandable. Neil has very painful tendonitis with chronic pain in his arms and legs, and he wants to spend more time with his family. Alex has bad arthritis. After 41 years together I get it but am still sorry to see them go. I was lucky enough to see them live once in Atlanta back in the 80's. Alex, Neil and Geddy are and always will be absolutely brilliant musicians, and good people. They left us with a timeless body of work. I gave a listen to the entire Moving Pictures album in their honor after hearing the news today. Moving Pictures is still every bit as great today as it was in 1981.

I figured they were not going to tour any more (wish I had made it to the last one here in Houston), but thought they may still release a studio album over time.

Considering it was almost over in the late 90's after Peart's daughter and wife's death, glad we got a few more years.

They seemed to be a group that took the music serious, but never themselves.

Funny you mention Moving Pictures, it is the only CD I have in my truck. I normally just listen to local radio, but when nothing good on, I listen to the CD. I have probably listened to this Album well over 1000 times.
I also think it may have been the first CD I ever bought.

A few weeks ago I caught our five year old jamming to Subdivisions in the back seat. Proud moment.
smile.gif

I've really come to appreciate Rush over the last few years.

Quote:
Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact

Originally Posted By: Trav
You put a scare on me! I thought el Rushbo was calling it quits.

+1,001

Originally Posted By: cpayne5
A few weeks ago I caught our five year old jamming to Subdivisions in the back seat. Proud moment.
smile.gif

I've really come to appreciate Rush over the last few years.

Quote:
Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact

Limelight is my 15 yr old daughters favorite Rush song.

My son and I saw their Time Machine tour a few years ago; a great band. Tom Sawyer is my son's favorite.

I did see them live once. Great concert. Always been a fan of both their music & lyrics.

I remember buying Hemispheres in vinyl back in late 70's (I think). Thanks for the music Rush!

My all-time favorite band.

Saw them the first time on the Power Windows tour in 1985. I was 14 and it was my first concert.

Also saw the Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll the Bones, Counterparts, and Test for Echo tours.

The best show was the Counterparts tour. I got to see the opening show of the tour in Pensacola. They were all fresh, and Geddy could hit the high notes with ease. It's a good memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back