2 mile sniper kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460
I'm glad the record is back with the .50 BMG. But regardless, there is a ton of luck involved in a shot at that distance.

For sure I wonder who set out the wind flags?

Approach with caution
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: double vanos
Was watching a YouTube video about snipers and discovered a decorated Russian sniper who died quite young, 20 years old. Roza Shanina is her name and I’d love to have met her.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roza+sha...h=922&dpr=2

59 confirmed kills in a little over a year. What a gal!

Think of her equipment compared to what they have today!

My Mosins are still one of my favorite rifles to shoot, even among my modern stuff.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Was watching a YouTube video about snipers and discovered a decorated Russian sniper who died quite young, 20 years old. Roza Shanina is her name and I’d love to have met her.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roza+sha...h=922&dpr=2

59 confirmed kills in a little over a year. What a gal!

59 kills in a year with a Mosin? She had one tough shoulder too. Mosins do their thing violently on both ends from the kick to the incredible muzzle flash.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were German, and Russian snipers in that War that racked up hundreds and hundreds of kills. Only witnessed and verified kills count, so there true number is likely twice as high.

I just read a book written by a German WW2 sniper, and I learned quite a lot of tactics from him. He accounts to a time that he single handily saved him and his friends and wiped out an entire Russian squad, like 20 men. Fascinating read, even if he was on the wrong side of history.

Snipers were to be instantly killed if captured, so he carried a regular infantry rifle, as well as his sniper rifle, which he could discard if needed. Even made good use of a captured Russian Mosin if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back