Hankook I-Pike RW11 - Worst Snow Tire Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Anyone know the best time to buy some new winter tires as far as deals go? Didn't want to start a new thread. Thanks!

late Fall/winter sometimes has extra sales, but for availability august/sept is a good time.

Also sometimes you can pick up leftovers in spring for extra $$$ off.
example:
DTD last year had 200 off certain hakkas with other stacking rebates too.

Of course I decided to late and no one had the model I wanted in any of the 3 sizes I would have ran.

So I ended up with blizzak dmv2 again.. a little to wintery tire for my needs would have preferred something quieter and longer lasting.. but at least they were an extra 100$ cheaper(set)
Got 390$ in rebates.

Also if you wait too long for example the day before a blizzard in early winter.. sometimes the tire shops will be JAMMED with all the people ditching the bald tires.. so you might get a lower quality balance job from the guy who has been pounding out tires for 9 hours straight.

I think I’ll just stay a Blizzack fanboy. I even tried the Firestone Winter tire, just for the heck of it, back to Blizzacks.

Try Michelin or Continental next time.
Firestone is cheap brand from Bridgestone (the maker of Blizzak). What did you expect?

Krzys

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Anyone know the best time to buy some new winter tires as far as deals go? Didn't want to start a new thread. Thanks!

Around Memorial Day sale. I got 4 Michelin Latitude Xi2 255/55 R18 for $550.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back