PH7317S3.jpg

PH7317S4.jpg

PH7317S5.jpg

PH7317S6.jpg

PH7317S7.jpg

PH7317S8.jpg

PH7317S9.jpg

PH7317S10.jpg

I have one on the table in my garage waiting for my oil change next weekend. I am sure that it and thousands like it will do just fine. Thanks for the C&P.

This is a great value for cost filter, especially with the silicon ADBV. I just purchased a PH4967 today that also has the new updated ADBV. I really like that Fram is adapting to the market and adjusting the construction of even their entry level filter to provide protection for the longer drain intervals on newer cars. You no longer have to pay the price premium for a TG just to get a silicon ADBV. I really like that because in a lot of cases a PH series filter is more than adequate especially with the silicon ADBV. Nice work Fram and thanks for cutting this filter for us.

Bottom end cap looks different. Other ones have points and are not round. There appears to be some tiny nubs, maybe this model has it that way. Wonder how tight it fits in the can.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
This is a great value for cost filter, especially with the silicon ADBV. I just purchased a PH4967 today that also has the new updated ADBV. I really like that Fram is adapting to the market and adjusting the construction of even their entry level filter to provide protection for the longer drain intervals on newer cars. You no longer have to pay the price premium for a TG just to get a silicon ADBV. I really like that because in a lot of cases a PH series filter is more than adequate especially with the silicon ADBV. Nice work Fram and thanks for cutting this filter for us.

Thanks for C&p Robert

Saw some of these yesterday at Fleet Farm.
Nowhere on the packaging do they give a mileage suggestion (used to be 5k miles).
Interesting.

I have a couple of those but the older ones without the updated ADBV. Being a 95% filter it will never be on my Toyota I'll likely give them to my stepson he isn't so fussy. His Corolla has 260K plus on it. Nice tool I got one of those for Christmas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I have a couple of those but the older ones without the updated ADBV. Being a 95% filter it will never be on my Toyota I'll likely give them to my stepson he isn't so fussy. His Corolla has 260K plus on it. Nice tool I got one of those for Christmas.

Considering its efficiency is roughly twice as good as the OE Toyota filter (as near as we can tell via the AMSOIL data) I can't think of a single good reason why it wouldn't be perfectly fine on any Toyota. If the other 4% efficiency is that important the tough guard is 99% @ 20um. For an entry level filter these are good performers now with a silicon ADBV. I have never really been a Fram guy but for the price an Extra Guard is hard to beat.

Considering its efficiency is roughly twice as good as the OE Toyota filter (as near as we can tell via the AMSOIL data)

The February 2011 Amsoil study sure has legs. But, until Toyota states otherwise, I guess that is about all we have to go on. Meanwhile, I will continue to use that poorly rated filter and see how far I can take our RX330.

I mentioned this in another thread and that is, with this new EG filter, my gut tells me the TG will soon be a thing of the past. There will be 2 choices only, the EG and the Ultra. Just my thoughts on this, nothing more.

Originally Posted By: newtoncd8

Considering its efficiency is roughly twice as good as the OE Toyota filter (as near as we can tell via the AMSOIL data)

The February 2011 Amsoil study sure has legs. But, until Toyota states otherwise, I guess that is about all we have to go on. Meanwhile, I will continue to use that poorly rated filter and see how far I can take our RX330.

I completely agree about that AMSOIL being quoted a lot, but Jay from Fram confirmed the numbers posted in the study as meeting the spec for the A02 filter made by Fram for Honda, which is also right around the 50% @ 20um as well just the other day in a post on here. So perhaps that does lend some credibility to them claiming to perform their test IAW industry standards.

I completely agree about that AMSOIL being quoted a lot, but Jay from Fram confirmed the numbers posted in the study as meeting the spec for the A02 filter made by Fram for Honda, which is also right around the 50% @ 20um as well just the other day in a post on here. So perhaps that does lend some credibility to them claiming to perform their test IAW industry standards.

I agree, the Honda data does line up and therefore, the Toyota filter data is most likely correct.

After seeing the reviews on BITOG, I ran the Ultra for a bit, but there was some type of issue with the ADBV, so I removed it. As I reported in another thread, the 3 second knocking noise at start-up was something I don't want to hear again on our Lexus. Probably an isolated incident, but never heard it with the 90915-YZZD1 filter ($5 a piece delivered via Amazon). I wish I would have sent the used filter to Fram for testing; however, I sent to car51 to C&P.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to derail the thread.

Car51, SF and Jimmy (as well as anyone else that thanked me for the C&P that I missed) you are welcome of course.

Nothing to complain about here for $3.77. The center tube looks more accurately centered that we used to see on the Honeywell IIRC (it doesn’t much matter that leaf spring and ADBV seal it anyway)

The nubs on the base plate seem about right from my memory of Honeywells, I will take a closer look tomorrow... The blade on my cutter is dull (and not the right one) so it is possible I suppose that the nubs got mashed a little when cutting apart.

Originally Posted By: irv
I mentioned this in another thread and that is, with this new EG filter, my gut tells me the TG will soon be a thing of the past. There will be 2 choices only, the EG and the Ultra. Just my thoughts on this, nothing more.

Looks like Fram got rid of the "High Mileage" filter with the goo tablet inside. It's not shown on their updated website anymore.

My bet is Fram will keep the EG, TG and XG line up for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back