Amsoil price increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

[*] increase to the bottom line. Even if it's a few pennies on a quart. They do that too from time to time.
wink.gif

Well if you are raising prices anyways, why not pad your own pocketbook by a couple points - isn't that what capitalism is all about...
49.gif
49.gif
49.gif

Still got great prices at Wally World on PZ, Castrol, Valvoline, M1, yatta, yatta, yatta. So, let Amsoil raise their prices all they want. If it were easily available, I still doubt I'd buy any. Readily available oils are so good, it's hard to imagine the need for it.

Originally Posted By: Solarent
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

[*] increase to the bottom line. Even if it's a few pennies on a quart. They do that too from time to time.
wink.gif

Well if you are raising prices anyways, why not pad your own pocketbook by a couple points - isn't that what capitalism is all about...
49.gif
49.gif
49.gif

It sure is, and higher costs are always a perfect excuse to add a bit to the bottom line.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Rat407
To me I would say the cost went up some do to the fact that they now offer free shipping for PC's now over $100 purchase.

Yep - my thoughts exactly. The prices went up just after the first of the year, at the same time they offered the new shipping promotion. For orders under $100, it looks like they dropped the flat rate shipping fee to $8.99.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum for me. Not an Amsoil fan at all.

YUP and I wait for the sales and load.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Inflation.

Which was just over 2% for 2017 according to the gooberment.

Just like in the past, there will be sales from time to time and one can stock up accordingly. Amsoil may have raised their prices, but they also came out with free shipping for PC members on all orders over $100. That is not time limited either. I always had free shipping with Schaeffer and it is about time Amsoil got off the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back