Better pics and a vid of the new Ram. Me likey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Ram tough!
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the laugh.

Looks like every other pickup - their "boy racer" and "faux machismo" design is gone. Will be interested to see how it sells when you can get the much better (looking, capable, and quality) Ford, GM, and Toyota for the same $$.

Originally Posted By: itguy08

Will be interested to see how it sells when you can get the much better (looking, capable, and quality) Ford, GM, and Toyota for the same $$.

Thanks for the laugh.
lol.gif

Will be interested to see how it sells when you can get the much better (looking, capable, and quality) Ford, GM, and Toyota for the same $$.

Thanks for the laugh.
lol.gif

I'm a former Silverado owner-now a Sierra owner. That new 2019 Silverado is one ugly truck.

RAM is on my short list-next time around.

And here hasn't been any MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS to the Tundra for several years.

Thanks for the laugh.
lol.gif

X2. That's a good one!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN

Thanks for the laugh.
lol.gif

I'm a former Silverado owner-now a Sierra owner. That new 2019 Silverado is one ugly truck.

RAM is on my short list-next time around.

I owned nothing but GM since I turned 16, I'm now 53 soon to be 54 and by far, my 2013 Ram is the best truck I have ever owned.

My 85 Wrangler I had to put a new motor in, which was a complete dog compared to the original. Within a year the paint started peeling on it and GM would only cover half. My 97 was a great truck, but I had to do the intake gaskets twice, numerous issues with the front hubs/anti-lock brakes and the sun shell gear in the tranny went at 144,000 km's. I sold it to my nephew who had tranny problems again.
eek.gif

My 09, I don't even want to get started on that POS, but the biggest issue, although not the most stressful, was having the engine replaced at 8,000 km's due to it sounding more like a diesel rather than a gasser.
It also was, by far, the most gutless POS I have ever owned. With the 5.3 and the claimed 300+ H/P, it felt more like a 4 cylinder than it did an 8!
The list goes on and on with it, problem after problem until I had enough. I traded it in, with warranty remaining, for my 13 Ram and I haven't looked back once.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
What a great truck! Love the features and they did a really nice job with refining the power-trains.
The interior is so nice, I wish I could afford to get one of these!

Ram tough!
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the laugh.

Looks like every other pickup - their "boy racer" and "faux machismo" design is gone. Will be interested to see how it sells when you can get the much better (looking, capable, and quality) Ford, GM, and Toyota for the same $$.

Funny, the last JD Powers list I saw here had RAM tied with Ford. Seems like pretty decent quality.

Here we have 70k miles on our 14 RAM with an interior that matches up well with anything on the market and a 40k price out the door. 60K for a comparable Ford is too much difference for my taste.

Everyone gets to choose for themselves, and an awful lot choose RAM...

I really like the new Ram design. My '16 w/ the Hemi is an awesome truck; can't believe the ride/build quality. The hemi/8spd combo always puts a smile on my face. I have had one issue with fuel delivery, turns out it wasn't the truck but mice chewing the wires!

The new Silverado seems like a bit of overkill on the design but some of the new tech seems interesting.

There's no way the difference between "comparably equipped" Ram and Ford trucks is $20K.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Ram tough!
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the laugh.

Funny, the last JD Powers list I saw here had RAM tied with Ford. Seems like pretty decent quality.

Here we have 70k miles on our 14 RAM with an interior that matches up well with anything on the market and a 40k price out the door. 60K for a comparable Ford is too much difference for my taste.

Everyone gets to choose for themselves, and an awful lot choose RAM...

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
The center console is so wide. How do people park these in their garages anymore?

I park my 07.5 quad cab long bed trucks by pulling in backwards until I ding the washing machine. Once that happens, I know I can close the garage door.

I'm wondering how many dings are in the washer LOL.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12

I'm wondering how many dings are in the washer LOL.

I want to know how he loads the washer. Standing on the bumper?

Ford dealers are not known for cutting deals. I've witnessed this in person. It being the more popular model, that comes as no surprise.

There are many who have gotten good deals on the 250 and 350, but hardball is usually the game with the F150.

The trucks have only been in the garage for hurricanes and a couple of times I had things in the bed I could not immediately remove and dispose not want to leave outside (engines, etc.).

It hadn't actually done any damage. Plastic bumper just shoves it a little lol.

Originally Posted By: CKN

More like a decade. The refresh brought some upgrades to the interior but nothing to the drivetrain, so its really the same motor, trans, etc from 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back