Anyone Know of a Good High Capacity Oil Drain Pan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle
I have one of these for the past 10 years.

The dual drain hole helps a LOT for cars the rush out oil at you. Most my cars are 4-6qts. This has a nice thick lip around it, only problem i can ever see is if the drain bolt fell inside ( has never happened to me on 30+ oil changes)

https://north40.com/midwest-can-9-quart-closed-top-oil-recovery-drain-pan-model-6601

Same here. I've use this one for many years.

I prefer a open top curled at the top to keeps fluids from sloshing while moving around. Mine has a large snout which is round at the end for inserting into the empty jug. Sorry I don’t have a brand for you.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
This is similar to what I use. On this one I would cut the end of the spout so it fits into the empty jug the oil came from.

I like that, especially the spot specifically made to hold/drain the filters, but with my clumsy as*, I'd likely spill that all over the place getting it out from underneath the car/truck to my empty jugs.

I currently have a closed in one with a built in drain hole that I remove the center cap prior to draining.

It works well but if I don't get the draining oil lined up with that center hole, it does splash quite a bit if I don't adjust it while it's draining.
I use some old hospital sheets as a drop mat however and that seems to help quite a bit with the splatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back