Lets see the cars!!!!

You are on the short bus Roofless
smile.gif

More $$$$ than sense... In all seriousness.. Great car there man. Pretty doggone cool there.

That's the car that has a constant bullseye on it. Or one that will find an accident scene that has just happened with no EMS on scene yet
smile.gif

1974 Triumph TR6

~46K miles, one owner before me, 25 years ago. As original as I can keep it, except for certain parts that are NLA (e.g. Kangol seat belts, green spark plug leads) and a few safety/longevity related items (contemporary Lucas European H4 headlights & a spin on filter conversion-for the ADBV). Otherwise, I've had the original parts rebuilt or replaced w/ OEM. All the original emissions controls are intact and functional, seat belt warnings chime....lot of work goes into keeping it that way. Even an original 1974 mono radio.

M1 15w-50 and Mann filters

^^^mmmm, very nice. My first car was a 65 TR-4 purchased new in 65 by my Dad and coincidentally for sale when I turned 16 for exactly what was in my savings account!

1999 Porsche 911/996 C2 ~52K miles

My Better Half's fun car. We've had the car for ~15 years, or, since the top of the depreciation curve. I've given the car regular spruce ups over the years to keep her fresh; European spec lights, GT console delete, Sport steering wheel, shift knob, later model radio...all OEM, and recently a new set of coco mats (for the vintage 911 look along w/ the console). We have thought of selling the car, but we still really enjoy driving her and she has been very easy to own needing only an ignition switch and air/oil separator aside from maintenance. IMS was upgraded a few years back.

M1 5w or 15W-50 and Mahle or Hengst filters

This one has been sitting in the garage in bits and pieces for the past seven years - C3 even longer. Photo has been taken in 2010 IIRC. Planning to get it on the road this summer with fresh 355".

dcbe8b684583113.jpg

Sleeper 2001 S15 I modded with a built SR20. Near on 400 rwhp on pump fuel, motor was built in 2009 and was completely reliable over the next 7 years of ownership. The pics were taken the day I sold the car after owning her for near on 13 years.

20.gif

I cant handle the awesomeness of that car. The fact that you would sell it means we are no longer friends.

Haha...sure was an awesome car.

It ran one of the first twin scroll dual wastegate exhaust manifold setups that Full Race in the US made and I imported to Aus during the build. Initially it ran a Garrett 3071 turbo and then I changed it to a rare Garrett 3076 52 trim and a 3.5 inch dump and exhaust. Ironically the larger turbo and exhaust mods spooled sooner than the 3071 and so it had awesome midrange. Intake manifold was by Hypertune here in Aus. Revved like a motorbike.

I doubt I'll never own another car like it, but I'm into larger cruiser style boats now and enjoying the boating life.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: miden851

I saw this in a news article!

Apparently, people just randomly left their vehicles in the south. You can see in this photo, a Honda that was abandoned in someones front yard and a GMC that was abandoned in the street, their operators unable to negotiate the treacherous road conditions, choosing instead to simply walk home.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
You have more snow than I do !!

Maybe, just maybe; We have had 1" of snow this time around but it was the second snow of the season; now how often you do see that in the South, its very rare phenomena;

Still, it was enough to leave us all paralyzed here in Atlanta. Many school districts were closed for 3 days in a row.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Originally Posted By: miden851

I saw this in a news article!

Apparently, people just randomly left their vehicles in the south. You can see in this photo, a Honda that was abandoned in someones front yard and a GMC that was abandoned in the street, their operators unable to negotiate the treacherous road conditions, choosing instead to simply walk home.

Although thats the truth generally here in the South, this is our Honda from my signature in the front of our home; Personally, I'm not afraid driving in wintery conditions such as this, but I am totally scared of others driving cars around here, and thats the main reason why I pulled it off the street.

Rain finally stopped for a millisecond,so I did a quick engine bay detail:

Then washed the Z. It was in dire need!!

Of course now it's sprinkling again!!

Back