Mobil 1 AFE 0w20, 3683, Honda Pilot 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the latest report for my pilot. Numbers looks similar to previous report although copper dropped of a bit. lead of 1ppm - where's that coming from?

Same as my civic, FD has been estimated, will have the lab to do GC. comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
I think this looks really good for a fairly green Honda DI engine. The GC fuel dilution value should be in the 3% range, but that's remarkably low for a VCM/DI Honda. Don't know about the lead, but at 1 ppm it's just noise and I'd ignore it.

Just curious, are you running 87 octane fuel or higher?

Last edited:
I’m actually quite surprised to see these low numbers. Car has been driven with lots of shorts trips, very few highway miles. I had one tank of premium right before the oil change but all other miles are Costco regular gas. Re-filled it with PUP 0w20 5qts and 0.6 of amsoil.

Originally Posted By: Danh
Don't know about the lead, but at 1 ppm it's just noise and I'd ignore it.

Indeed, who knows - but it's really insignificant

The lead is statistical noise. Somebody with Napoleonic ancestry may have simply handled the container or breathed near the sample.

Pretty much what we'd expect for low mile unit break-in, in a short OCI.

Consider extending the OCIs; that's a pricey lube to toss in 3k miles ... Or, ditch the syn and just use the least cost approved lube.

Updated with measured fuel dilution. I don't see direct correlation between viscosity and severity of fuel dilution. Or they just messed up with the measurements. What are y'alls thoughts on this?

Quote:
I don't see direct correlation between viscosity and severity of fuel dilution.

I mean .... why you say so, when it's otherwise.

First UOA - pretty much the same vis as the second one but much lower fuel dilution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back