Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear how it compares to something like Collinite 845 or 476 in terms of looks and longevity...

Originally Posted By: widman
Not a fan of cold weather.

So no Christmas trip here to work some magic on my F-150's bodywork?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: grampi
I'd like to hear how it compares to something like Collinite 845 or 476 in terms of looks and longevity...

When I originally read the first post, I thought it was just a spray on to help/beautify between waxes like GM's final Finish but reading your post made me go back and take another look.
I too would like to know how it compares to Collinite 845 but with the amount I still have remaining, I will be a while yet before I ever get around to trying it.
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g18309-ultimate-fast-finish/

I see GM's is now called Finish Enhancer. I like using this stuff occasionally when I don't feel like or have time to do a full on wax.
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/g5268.html

I've already put my first coat of UFF on the new car! I won't be driving it anytime soon thanks to the snow here, but at least I can do some detailing while it's tucked away in my semi warm garage (it's currently 54 degrees in there, even though it's a chilly 29 outside here. I'll probably stop at three coats, as even two is probably good enough as this product (like most actually) really isn't layerable. When maintained with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer it really amps up the shine too. Others have reported good results using UFF with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax too, so that's another route some of you may consider.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
You guys absolutely have to try this stuff.

OK, so I picked some up at the local auto parts store. Washed the truck and ensured the paint was debris free. Note: it was recently clay-bar'd.

Shook the can like crazy, sprayed some on the microfiber, wiped it on a section. It went on a little wet and quickly dried. Buffed as directed. Absolutely no difference from the section nearby. It looks 100% identical. As if I just wiped on a slightly water-moist microfiber and it dried.

At first I was excited as the wet look on black paint is awesome. But that evaporated in seconds. My truck has excellent paint. However, two doors have been repainted at Ford due to accident. I tried the Ultimate Fast Finish on the repainted door and got the same result. Absolutely zero difference.

What am I missing?

Regular wax does show a difference, however slight. And NXT absolutely makes it look better...

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
You guys absolutely have to try this stuff.

OK, so I picked some up at the local auto parts store. Washed the truck and ensured the paint was debris free. Note: it was recently clay-bar'd.

Shook the can like crazy, sprayed some on the microfiber, wiped it on a section. It went on a little wet and quickly dried. Buffed as directed. Absolutely no difference from the section nearby. It looks 100% identical. As if I just wiped on a slightly water-moist microfiber and it dried.

At first I was excited as the wet look on black paint is awesome. But that evaporated in seconds. My truck has excellent paint. However, two doors have been repainted at Ford due to accident. I tried the Ultimate Fast Finish on the repainted door and got the same result. Absolutely zero difference.

What am I missing?

Regular wax does show a difference, however slight. And NXT absolutely makes it look better...

NXT and “regular” waxes offer a slight filling capability. Oils and silicones will temporarily hide minor imperfections in the finish, which is why you get a better appearance. Ultimate fast finish does not have very good filling capabilities. In theory, this is not a problem because paint should be polished prior to the application of a sealant or wax.

What am I missing?

I did notice a slightly better shine on the cars I have used it on, although I do believe that improving the shine is not what UFF is geared towards, it's geared towards protection. So you still need to use another product to amp up the shine, such as their Ultimate Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quik Wax. If you get the paint perfectly polished before applying UFF that also helps too.

The reason NXT makes paint shine better is because it's rather greasy. But that shine is short lived too.

Ultimate Fast Finish is about protection and easy application. It excels at both. Ultimate Quik Wax brings in some shine for me afterwards. I'm using it on my daily and being able to wash and wax the whole car in an hour is important to me.

If you really need that wet, deep look, Meguiar's Gold Class is still the king IMHO.

I wrote the below and I stand corrected. I tried it again, using 2 to 3 wipes (coats?) , as I noticed that it left some areas wet looking and some not. Multiple wipes were necessary in my case.

LOOKS FANTASTIC, I can't believe it, after such a poor initial result.

What really amazes me is that it even with a little dust on it, the truck still looks good.

Again, I apologize for my initial review. I now LOVE the product.

What am I missing?

Originally Posted by DirtyOilGuy
i wonder how this compares to the meguiar's hybrid ceramic spray wax

We'll see soon enough, weather should clear Monday.

Any advantage to layering this UFF, say, one week apart?
Assume the finish is properly prepped and UFF is applied correctly. If after one week, I wash and dry then do another application of UFF.
Does it layer? Will it provide any advantage as compared to just the one application?

Originally Posted by lukejo
Any advantage to layering this UFF, say, one week apart?
Assume the finish is properly prepped and UFF is applied correctly. If after one week, I wash and dry then do another application of UFF.
Does it layer? Will it provide any advantage as compared to just the one application?

It does layer but I wouldn't wait a week. You can apply one right after the other.
The advantage would be more even coverage.

Originally Posted by grampi
How does this stuff do with making bugs easier to remove?

I recently did 1500 miles over two weeks without a wash.

Everything came right off.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by grampi
How does this stuff do with making bugs easier to remove?

I recently did 1500 miles over two weeks without a wash.

Everything came right off.

Sounds good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back