Microgreen - possibly stunning development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: UncleDave
I will let my own data and 3rd party lab data be my guide.

Maybe I've missed it, but UD do have data of all your UOAs for comparison that show an improvement when just the Microgreen filter was put into the mix without changing other parameters (ie, vehicle, oil, OCI/FCI, driving conditions, etc)?

It's all hucksterism. Make your own all filter. Use those socks with holes in them for something, don't keep wearing them because nobody sees.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I will let my own data and 3rd party lab data be my guide.

Maybe I've missed it, but UD do have data of all your UOAs for comparison that show an improvement when just the Microgreen filter was put into the mix without changing other parameters (ie, vehicle, oil, OCI/FCI, driving conditions, etc)?

You only missed one so for because there isnt much to see on this particular experiment at this stage

Im not running UOA's on vehicles Im running them on commercial equipment.

Im running UOA's on gensets to get the condemnation points for change which have been fixed 150 hour based on Dino oil for some 4700 hours.

I run all kinds of filters(kubota, cummins FU, MG) on it but only bothered to UOA the microgreen which is posted here on page 2.
Ill have another sample up soon at 200 hours (about 2-3 more weeks at current use)

I have a closet full of ultras as well, and may end up with a FU and a magnet. Im just going to see what the data says.

I have to decide if Im going to switch to run some other filter or I keep seeing how far I can go wit the microgreen , but per their use case Im pretty tapped out at 169 house as that equates to about 10K of driving and I don't trust the media or disk past that - but out to that point first tested results are excellent.

UD

Last edited:
Once fleets realized that the filters were no longer doing the job promised,the majority of fleet customers has now,all but dwindled to nothing. A few days ago,I returned 10 Microscam filters directly to SOMS which they received today.Below is some email correspondence.I also mentioned that if they can provide data to Iso 4548-12 on current filters that came close to pre-2013 claims,I and others will be back in a heart beat.

Their reply on 1/23/17>>>"We received the filters today. You will receive a check in the mail by January 30th".

Regards,

Customer Care

SOMS Technologies

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Toptierpao
Once fleets realized that the filters were no longer doing the job promised,the majority of fleet customers has now,all but dwindled to nothing. A few days ago,I returned 10 Microscam filters directly to SOMS which they received today.Below is some email correspondence.I also mentioned that if they can provide data to Iso 4548-12 on current filters that came close to pre-2013 claims,I and others will be back in a heart beat.

Their reply on 1/23/17>>>"We received the filters today. You will receive a check in the mail by January 30th".

Regards,

Customer Care

SOMS Technologies

Can you cite your information source for the claim of losing their fleet customers? Im curious where you got that information.

As of recent (probably a week ago) Fram no longer publishes a 4548-12 for the ultra.

You do realize the 4548-12 spec opts out the microgreen and all other dual stage units as of its latest rewrite?

UD

As of recent (probably a week ago) Fram no longer publishes a 4548-12 for the ultra.

Like I said earlier, it's an oversight by Fram when they totally revamped their website. They are aware and will be correcting the missing efficiency on the Ultra in the near future.

I hope!

Im a big fan of the product.

It's been what 3 days? (I lose track when I travel)

Found it - yeah 3 days.

UD

Last edited:
Just an oversight ... the EG and TG still show efficiency specs. Guess they should have done a better pier review before launching the new site.

Just an oversight ... the EG and TG still show efficiency specs. Guess they should have done a better pier review before launching the new site.

Pretty massive one at that - given how vocal they have been about the 4548-12 specs - and the fact that the ultra is their premium filter product.

(and the only filter they make that many care about)

Hard to believe they cant make nearly instantaneous changes to their website - my companies site is massively larger and more complex and we can fix stuff in an hour or so.

UD

Last edited:

Sounds like they are all at sea on this.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer

Sounds like they are all at sea on this.

Exactly !
wink.gif

Can you cite your information source for the claim of losing their fleet customers? Im curious where you got that information.

You do realize the 4548-12 spec opts out the microgreen and all other dual stage units as of its latest rewrite?

UD

No Dave,I was not aware of that,thanks for pointing that out. I have a very small portion of interesting information from a 317 page document that I doubt will be found on the internet.I do not want to out the source for fear of being cut off.That could possibly change in the future.I will post some of the information from time to time depending on circumstances.

[image removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

UD

No Dave,I was not aware of that,thanks for pointing that out. I have a very small portion of interesting information from a 317 page document that I doubt will be found on the internet.I do not want to out the source for fear of being cut off.That could possibly change in the future.I will post some of the information from time to time depending on circumstances.

SOMS largest customer,by far,was AT&T.Fleets were purchasing this filter at far higher prices than what they are selling for now.Once fleets figured out that the filter was no longer performing to pre-2013 standards,sales were interrupted and later completely discontinued when SOMS refused to go back to the original design.To this day,SOMS states the filter performs as originally claimed. Filter orders slowed down and collapsed with time almost entirely.The only people buying this filter now are people like you and I.

Thats interesting info - without sources and context its hard to give it credibility as it doesnt say much on its own.

You say "fleets" - which others have jumped?

I suspect Norb is onto something - but he only seems to pick on certain filters in the lineup - suggesting that some have changed but not others.

looking for info - not confrontation.

UD

- were on day 4 now - no change from fram.

Last edited:
- were on day 4 now - no change from fram.

Like waiting for the wife to begin labor -
lol.gif
Nothing to worry about.

Thats interesting info - without sources and context its hard to give it credibility as it doesnt say much on its own.

I suspect Norb is onto something - but he only seems to pick on certain filters in the lineup - suggesting that some have changed but not others.

No worries Dave,I can only post what I have and will not name sources right now. There was no mention of any other fleets names,I will see if I can get more info on that. If I recall,there was a range of filters that was mentioned and shall go back and find it.From my understanding,it includes all filters made after 2013.

I will also post pics of the original design as well as the filter after SOMS changed it. For the record,all 10 of the filters I returned had a date stamp of 2015 and was purchased in May of 2016. I cut one open in the summer and confirm that it in NOT the original design.

No worries Dave,I can only post what I have and will not name sources right now. There was no mention of any other fleets names,I will see if I can get more info on that. If I recall,there was a range of filters that was mentioned and shall go back and find it.From my understanding,it includes all filters made after 2013.

I will also post pics of the original design as well as the filter after SOMS changed it. For the record,all 10 of the filters I returned had a date stamp of 2015 and was purchased in May of 2016. I cut one open in the summer and confirm that it in NOT the original design.

I get it, I understand sensitive data, with such an experienced board you'd think MG would get it together.

Im eager to learn more and will continue to post whatever UOA data I get good or bad.

UD

FWIW the main splash page on Fram says:

OUR ULTRA SYNTHETIC™ OIL FILTER GOES THE DISTANCE.
20,000 MILES TO BE EXACT.

99%+ filtration efficiency

And the Ultra page says:

*Fram Group mulitpass testing of representative sampling of average filter capacity of comparable competitive retail products based on ISO4548-12 for XG8A and XG3387A.

So they just need to add the efficiency on the product page.

RE: MG - I have half a mind to cut the one I have open and post the guts for all to enjoy...

I don't see anything changed with the principle of MG filters, except the early ones shown here had plastic disk holding parts and later they were all steel. Very robust filters with an .020" thick can, on the one I had. I think for the price of a sandwich I will order one again and see what I get, since it would be a different model # than before.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
FWIW the main splash page on Fram says:

OUR ULTRA SYNTHETIC™ OIL FILTER GOES THE DISTANCE.
20,000 MILES TO BE EXACT.

99%+ filtration efficiency

And the Ultra page says:

*Fram Group mulitpass testing of representative sampling of average filter capacity of comparable competitive retail products based on ISO4548-12 for XG8A and XG3387A.

So they just need to add the efficiency on the product page.

RE: MG - I have half a mind to cut the one I have open and post the guts for all to enjoy...

Mg's have been cut and pasted many times. Ive seen a couple of different versions myself.

In the words of Fram themselves - Fram is saying nothing without the micron rating and efficiency on the same page in the same line.

UD

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I don't see anything changed with the principle of MG filters, except the early ones shown here had plastic disk holding parts and later they were all steel. Very robust filters with an .020" thick can, on the one I had. I think for the price of a sandwich I will order one again and see what I get, since it would be a different model # than before.

No principle change I can see either- same scheme just a different carrier for the disk.

Ive run 4 model from them and I can only speak to the innards for the 3 models Ive that I cut open twice - I didnt cut the big filter for the cat 3126.
I moved to the cummins strata pour venturi for the cat as I believe the stacked disk model to be superior to Microgreens PTFE disk.

From what I saw the MG guts on one model the PTFE disk carrier went from plastic to metal - the rest were metal to start with - i started using them in 2014.

UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back