New Tanfoglio Stock III Witness Elite Ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460

After I got home and got it cleaned up, I checked my E-Mail and found that Davidson's has got some steel framed CZ-75 Compact's in. So I immediately ordered one. The CZ Compacts are hard to come by. Especially in the steel framed models. I picked it up yesterday morning, and before I got it home I headed out to the CZ Custom Shop in Mesa for a set of Cocobolo grips, along with some Stainless Hex grip screws. I can't stand the cheap plastic / rubber grips they ship these guns with. Anyway it looks a lot better as you can see.

So, can you just drive over and pick it up from Davidson's?

Originally Posted By: bigj_16

After I got home and got it cleaned up, I checked my E-Mail and found that Davidson's has got some steel framed CZ-75 Compact's in. So I immediately ordered one. The CZ Compacts are hard to come by. Especially in the steel framed models. I picked it up yesterday morning, and before I got it home I headed out to the CZ Custom Shop in Mesa for a set of Cocobolo grips, along with some Stainless Hex grip screws. I can't stand the cheap plastic / rubber grips they ship these guns with. Anyway it looks a lot better as you can see.

No Davidson's has a network of FFL's and you just have it shipped to the one you want and pick it up when it get's there. Very hassle free, no trying to coordinate FFL licenses between the vendor and the delivery FFL. It's already done.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: bigj_16

No Davidson's has a network of FFL's and you just have it shipped to the one you want and pick it up when it get's there. Very hassle free, no trying to coordinate FFL licenses between the vendor and the delivery FFL. It's already done.

KC pretty well summed it up. You find the make and model of the gun you want on their, "Gun Genie" website. Next you click on "Choose". The gun will then show up with all of the specs and information, as well as the MSRP. If you decide to buy you then click on, "Instant Quote". A number of different gun shops will be listed, (you first put in your Zip Code), showing the actual price you will pay with tax and shipping. The prices can vary greatly from shop to shop. And you can even select the radius in miles you wish to travel. Obviously the farther you're willing to drive, the more shops will be listed, and the more choices you will have.

When you find the dealer with the price you are willing to pay, you then click on "Accept Offer". Next you'll get a secure connection where you will give a credit card deposit, along with your personal information like name, address, etc. And your gun will be shipped that same day to that dealer. It usually only takes 2 days or less. When the dealer gets it they will call you. You then drive over, fill out the 4473, pay the remaining balance, and take your new gun home. It's very simple once you do it.

And the beauty is if anything ever goes wrong with the gun Davidson's will replace it free for as long as you own it. I've already used their Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty once on a Ruger Mark II pistol that broke the first time I took it out. I called the dealer and brought it back. And in 24 hours I had a brand new gun in my hand. No other distributor offers anything like that. Davidsons is the first place I check before buying any firearm.

I actually meant that for Bilt, since he doesn't live too far from there
smile.gif

Move your search out miles wise and see if there's a better deal you're willing to drive for. I've seen huge price differences between dealers.

I have purchased a dozen or more firearms from GOG. It really is hassle free. You might be able to find a better price walking into a dealer, but I like this way better.

Beautiful guns! I am jealous. I own the CZ P-01 and the CZ P10C. Hoping to add the new CZ 75 Omega and maybe a Shadow in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back