Steve Irwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting a new topic as I'm blo0dy annoyed certain people on this board continually manage to get posts about non Americans closed for no apparent reason. A few facts. Steve didn't dangle his kid in the face of a Croc. It was the camera angle that made it look so and as Steve has many enemies it was played for all it's worth. As a true conservationist he made enemies with the animal traders which is second only to the drg trade. He's lucky he lived as long as he did. And latest news they have the Bull Ray attack on film, now in the possession of Qld police. Nowv how about letting this one run for a while as a mark of respect for a fine Australian?

Ummmm....he is close enough to the croc to drop food in his gullet.
rolleyes.gif

-

Steve Irwin. I was saddened by this news, he lived a dangerous and full life. A great educator and entertainer he will be missed.

He was a novel character, no doubt about it. I guess that FedEx commercial parody finally occurred.

I'm not shocked when this sorta stuff occurs. Sorta like the guy who climbs cliffs with no ropes and whatnot. Sooner or later ..the odds catch up with them.

But ..that's the way they chose to live their life and would probably not be happy in any other line of work/distraction ...so what else are they gonna do
dunno.gif

I remember one of his shows where he chased this cobra snake around and kept saying: "Ooooh! I've ne'er seen one so aggressive!!!". I naturally said to myself, "Yeah, and if you weren't harassing this one as much, it wouldn't be either"
dunno.gif

But he was great entertainment and I'm sure that behind the act was a conservationist of deep commitment.

According to Fox News he was killed by a StingRay. Apparently he was cut through to the heart. I am sorry to see him gone. His shows were interesting. But he took too many chances.

What is the big deal about this? People die every ******* day from varioius tradgedies. Car accidents, plan crashes, gun shots.... you name it. Thats life. Steve lived by the sword, and died by the sword. What more can you say?

I enjoyed his show and passion for animals. Seemed like a good guy. Michael Jackson did something similar, am I not correct? If people would practice what they preach and follow the forum rules, threads wouldn't get closed.

sprintman, forgive me if I'm wrong by my aruba thread awhile back was locked bc of you or Shannow.
wink.gif
BTW, I posted some cool photos in the photo section of my trip fwiw. (plug)
grin.gif

quote:

People die ever day. It doesn't mean their passing should not be noted, nor a good life go without the respect it deserves. JMO

....agree 100%. I'm not quite sure what Steve Irwin represented?? Like I said, he got close to some amazing animals and hopefully many will take away how awesome mother nature is from his show. His love for animals was second to none and that is what I loved about the guy.

The whole baby thing was stupid whether it was safe or not....if he would have slipped or fallen, the baby could have came out of his arms and that croc would have swallowed the little guy whole. What would people be saying then? But he is free to do what he wants, like many of us are. He did make a good point in that we all put ourselves at risk everyday just driving to work...
dunno.gif

GM - 43,300 miles.

Steve Irwin is to be remembered for igniting the interest of common people in things wild, the environment, and conservation.

Too many live life without ever connecting to the earth that supports us.

"Again, his death serves no purpose. We can all agree, no?"

No, I can't agree. Steve's long time friend and manager (John Stainton) said "“(But) nothing would ever scare Steve or would worry him. He didn't have a fear of death at all.”

As an educator, maybe Mr. Irwin's final lesson/purpose will be to remind others that a healthy fear of death is a basic instinct one should consider carefully - not only for yourself, but also for all the people you connect with.

We are all worm food, its just how long it takes for it to happen. Life is built on the previous generations death. True for insects and for humans.

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by MarkC:
"Too many live life without ever connecting to the earth that supports us."

Truth.

If dangling your kid over a hungry croc is connecting with earth..I'll pass on the "connecting"

Why is this one scenerio of something he did - yes, irresponsibly - making headline of his passing. Yes, the man made an irresponsible mistake - doesn't everyone?

We should be mourning his passing for who he was, not contemplating over whether or not what he did with his son was justifiable.

There is nothing cute about what he did; but I wouldn't put him in the same category of stupidity of say someone like one of us holding our baby while feeding an aligator. This guy knew what he was doing, he lived and breathed those aligators, and has anyone thought to think whether or not that was a trained aligator?

He did raise quite a few baby aligators at his Zoo.

Nonetheless, we've all done something irresponsible in our lives at one time or another, something that could've caused harm to ourselves or our children.

His passing shouldn't be bombarded with whether he was right or wrong, it's in the past, he can't change that and neither can we; it was 2yrs ago and I think most of the world has forgiven him for it.

This man is no worse then some of us who may have done something with our children, that if given the chance Irwin would find dangerous or irresponsible.

And if the mistakes we have made with our children were broadcasted all over TV as his was, we'd all be looked at no differently.

Irwin will be greatly missed; and I'm deeply saddened for his wife and his children. He lived life to the fullest, and it's sad to think that people can only speak of his mistake rather then for who he was.

[ September 04, 2006, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Ramblin Fever ]

He really was a loudmouth showman. He did love his work. We'll miss him on TV. His kids will only have some good videos in the future, and that sucks.

That's all I have to say.

I'll miss him greatly...you think of all the things that could have killed him and he goes out like this?

We should all be as fortunate to pass doing something we love....

I'll miss him

Goose
patriot.gif

A passionate entertainer and educator.

Does it make people feel better about themselves to bring up the baby and croc thing? I don't get bringing up negative after a person's death? Does that somehow erraticate the postive?

Explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back