Noob Question : Plastic Knob on OPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my fuel control knob went missing while cleaning out the ~bombgenesis~
LOL, found the cherry red knob in the white snow.

Dumb ? but aside from a new knob , any way to tweak the tension spring inside the small little cavity of the knob so it will actually hold it place tight. I just put the knob back on and see why it went missing - tension spring is not holding it in place

Last edited:
Hopefully, it's not something that has to come off for any kind of disassembly required for a repair. Might just wedge some cardboard in with it, or use glue that stays pliable, so you can pry it back off if necessary. Teflon tape +1 actually.

Is it something that you need to pull in and out, like the spring is pushing on a ball to hold a position on several detent points? You may be able to pull the spring out and replace it, least stretch it out a little, or maybe add some kind of spacer behind the spring so it pushes harder. Squeezing in a little of the thickest grease you have might help keep it on too.

Either thickening up the post it slides or or a dab of silicone caulk (for easy removal) is the easy answer I suppose. I'll need to look at the overvall shrouding to determine if X needs to be removed, etc that might interfere.

No ball detent. Inside the knob itself is a thin piece of metal which acts as as tension that holds it in place. I suppose engine vibrations rattled it off. While it fits back, I can clearly see it coming off with the engine on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back