Optimum Wash and Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Here's a short video on a Waterless wash. With the Ultima wash concentrate I can do either a rinsless or waterless wash. I kind of prefer the waterless since it uses a lot less concentrate. Comes out to about .50 per bottle of waterless wash or about .25 per wash since it takes a roughly half a bottle do do a car(22 ounce bottle).

Ultima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ShtSvQaSA

That is one dirty vehicle! It would still make me cringe but that is good to see they even used it on a Audi.

Thanks for the info/vid.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: irv
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax is around $10.99 on Amazon.
smile.gif

Just slop it on and gently wipe off with a plush MF towel. So easy.

Do you ever have any worries about marring/scratching the paint? I have used GM's final finish spray before but that was only after I gave it a complete wash, rinse and dry.

I've used it several years now, without problems and I also have looked pretty hard.

Full disclosure: I do the "Garry Dean method" which is more conservative than labeled use. I will also go down to the coin op and hose it off first if it's more than a couple or three weeks of ordinary road grime.

Hosing or powerwashing is a good idea especially for areas like the wheels and wheel openings to get that road grime off.

Optimum recommends a good microfiber for washing as that adds to the protection against scratches. I would love to use this stuff but washing in the twenties is not a great idea. Waiting for the weather to warm up just a bit.

I am kind of interested in getting some Truck and Equipment Wash. Spray on, probably let dwell for a little bit, then hose or pressure wash off. So no touching the paint. I know a guy on here does this with his fleet of trucks down in FL. But not sure which product he uses. SRTSteve(sp?) is who I'm thinking of. Below is a bottle from Duragloss that runs about $9 for 32 ounces or a gallon for $20. Might be worth trying. Put the solution in a sprayer then powerwash off at the self wash bay. Only one cycle needed. The lower third of the car gets a fair amount of road grime on it. Then is a hassle to get off in the spring time.

Finally rained in San Diego, water beads like a beast.

Still hard for me to believe there's wax being applied in this wash but there it is.

Last edited:
With two black cars and all the effort that goes into keeping marring and swirls out of the clearcoat I just can't bring myself to do waterless or rinseless.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
With two black cars and all the effort that goes into keeping marring and swirls out of the clearcoat I just can't bring myself to do waterless or rinseless.

Try it on the inlaw's cars first. Then just act normal when they compliment your work.
smile.gif

I've been using the new line since my vehicles are also coated with opt-Coat Pro Plus.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: FlyPenFly
Thanks! Part of it is that I'm using GLARE underneath after I did a polish.

Since Optimum has wax, I think it's a nice topper every week.

I have never found a significant difference between Optimum No Rinse and Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. However, I have heard that their new Opti-coat no rinse wash is a big improvement over their current No Rinse offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back