Waterpump for 01 civic??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like its gone bad, tstat was changed 2 weeks ago and temp climbed again. and I'm not getting heat unless I'm driving over 40 mph or more. Pump was changed less than 2 yrs ago (36k)and its a Gates so?? Whats the best brand?
No visible leaks and mech checked it out.
Thanks

oem Honda or Aisin, thanks.. More $$ but its worth it.

lower hose is cold and upper is hot..

Trav- its at Donnie's now. I'm just curious..

Thanks!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Check the radiator core for cold areas.

Thanks!

I've had great luck with with GMB waterpumps in 528e s. If they make a pump for your Civic, it may be OK. It is not unheard of for a press fit impeller to work itself loose.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
Originally Posted By: Trav
Check the radiator core for cold areas.

Thanks!

I haven't spoken to him in a while but I am thinking probably a bad radiator, Donnie will figure it out, he's a good mechanic. The cold lower hose and hot upper is a good indicator, if the radiator is clear the lower will be cooler than the upper but not cold.
On some cars this is reversed as the thermostat is on the lower hose side. I did a Dodge not too long ago with these symptoms and sure enough the middle of the core was blocked tighter than a bulls arse in a hurricane.

bad waterpump was determined .. keyhole was not lined up with cam and some type of housing was broken. Last mech screwed up and screwed up many times.

bad waterpump was determined .. keyhole was not lined up with cam and some type of housing was broken. Last mech screwed up and screwed up many times.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998

Did the new mechanic check out the cam/crank timing making sure everything lines up? Is the timing belt in good shape?

Stick to OEM or Aisin on Hondas - Aisin does source the OEM Yamada pump for Honda applications.

Yes he lined it up, last time they did not! Gates was put in again. Timing belt was starting to show wear less than 2 yrs and 36k!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back