Inside an Amsoil Bypass BP100 filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbsup2.gif

I have the Amsoil Dual Remote cleaning my 6.4 Powerstroke with 25000 miles on the filters. They are cold on the bottom 25% now, and soon will be cleaning my Detroit 4-53T. When they are totally plugged I'll cut them and show.:) Could be quite a few more years mind you for this to happen:)

Originally Posted By: A310
I have the Amsoil Dual Remote cleaning my 6.4 Powerstroke with 25000 miles on the filters. They are cold on the bottom 25% now, and soon will be cleaning my Detroit 4-53T. When they are totally plugged I'll cut them and show.:) Could be quite a few more years mind you for this to happen:)

thumbsup2.gif

The thing I often relish is that Amsoil uses a leaf spring, and yet no one ever complains about it. But when you see a leaf spring in a Purolator, MC, or some other filter, folks whine all day about the "cheap" construction components. Personally, I have nothing against the leaf spring; coil or leaf is fine by me. I just note for the sake of irony the way some folks are willing to overlook some things due to brand loyalty or bias.

Same goes for "cardboard" end-caps on the media. Few realize that Bentley filters use fiber end-caps as well, yet no one ever worries about how their Bentley survives such an atrocity. https://store.millermotorcars.com/Bentley-Filter-Element-11D-Oil-Filter-p/079198405-d.htm

This is not a condemnation of the OP of this thread; just an observation of some of our BITOG faithful.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
The thing I often relish is that Amsoil uses a leaf spring, and yet no one ever complains about it. But when you see a leaf spring in a Purolator, MC, or some other filter, folks whine all day about the "cheap" construction components. Personally, I have nothing against the leaf spring; coil or leaf is fine by me. I just note for the sake of irony the way some folks are willing to overlook some things due to brand loyalty or bias.

Same goes for "cardboard" end-caps on the media. Few realize that Bentley filters use fiber end-caps as well, yet no one ever worries about how their Bentley survives such an atrocity. https://store.millermotorcars.com/Bentley-Filter-Element-11D-Oil-Filter-p/079198405-d.htm

This is not a condemnation of the OP of this thread; just an observation of some of our BITOG faithful.

Couldn't agree more. In the decade I have been using their filters I have had 0 issues and when I cut open the filters they are doing their job well. Plus the UOA's show low metal counts so the combination of filter/oil seems right.
thumbsup2.gif

A while back was someone claiming "there is no such thing as a (useful) pleated paper bypass filter!!!"

The claims are there isn't any "depth" to the media.

i started to say something about the oil flow direction in a reg filter. but i was mixed up and had to delete it. i have old fram p-3 filter am wanting to put on my 01 dakota. but just have not got it done yet. the filter housing is about 30 years old still new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back