Blackstone's new postage paid service is slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is not normal, upon looking at the tracking features, they must be paying some ultra low and slow rate. That is not reflective of typical commercial and retail USPS.

Originally Posted By: danielLD
that is not normal, upon looking at the tracking features, they must be paying some ultra low and slow rate. That is not reflective of typical commercial and retail USPS.

I know. That’s precisely why I said are talking specifically about the bottles with the labels on them.

If you are going to question my (our since several people agree) it is incumbent upon you to understand the discussion.

October 19, 2017, 12:29 am Departed USPS Regional Facility FORT WAYNE IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item departed our USPS facility in FORT WAYNE IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER on October 19, 2017 at 12:29 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
October 19, 2017, 12:24 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility FORT WAYNE IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

I know. That’s precisely why I said are talking specifically about the bottles with the labels on them.

If you are going to question my (our since several people agree) it is incumbent upon you to understand the discussion.

I wasn't questioning you, I was questioning whoever said, USPS has issues with fluids

I wasn't questioning you, I was questioning whoever said, USPS has issues with fluids

Ok then, my apologies for taking it personal.

October 19, 2017, 10:17 am Delivered, To Mail Room FORT WAYNE, IN 46806
Your item has been delivered to the mail room at 10:17 am on October 19, 2017 in FORT WAYNE, IN 46806.
October 19, 2017, 8:46 am Arrived at Post Office FORT WAYNE, IN 46806

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
You mean like this?:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tRef=fullpage&tLc=2&text28777=&tLabels=9216290191543300105474%2C#

My results are back today. I'll post when I get home.

So another bottle went out on the 14th. Expected delivery day reported as Friday 11/17/2017 by 8PM.

As of now, still shows that (yes, yesterday).

Tracking appears to update daily at the same time “in transit to destination” (this appears to be a “feature” of the return label)

This is obviously something to do with he way the return service works and not a fluke...

With thanks giving and Blackstone's recent 3-4 days after received, I will be lucky if I have results before December arrives.

18.gif

Quote:
Dear R,

Unfortunately, after reviewing the tracking number. I show this package never left Georgia. You will need to contact your local post office.

Last edited:
Quote:
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. The item is currently in transit to the destination as of December 13, 2017 at 12:30 pm. It is on its way to FORT WAYNE, IN 46806.

Status

In-Transit, Delayed
December 13, 2017 at 12:30 pm
IN TRANSIT TO DESTINATION
On its way to FORT WAYNE, IN 46806
Get Updates
In-Transit, Delayed
Text & Email Updates
Tracking History
December 13, 2017, 12:30 pm
In Transit to Destination
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. The item is currently in transit to the destination as of December 13, 2017 at 12:30 pm. It is on its way to FORT WAYNE, IN 46806.
December 12, 2017, 10:30 pm
Departed USPS Facility
SAGINAW, MI 48601

December 12, 2017, 9:41 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
SAGINAW, MI 48601
November 17, 2017, 9:09 am
November 16, 2017, 9:09 am
November 15, 2017, 9:09 am
November 14, 2017, 5:09 pm
USPS in possession of item
SHARPSBURG, GA 30277

LOL ...

**Mine WAS NOT with a pre-paid bottle**

Here's the tracking of the last sample I submitted. Two of my three samples have had similar delays.

Tracking History
December 6, 2017, 12:53 pm
Delivered, To Mail Room
FORT WAYNE, IN 46816
Your item has been delivered to the mail room at 12:53 pm on December 6, 2017 in FORT WAYNE, IN 46816.
December 6, 2017, 9:59 am
December 6, 2017, 9:37 am
Arrived at Post Office
FORT WAYNE, IN 46806
December 5, 2017, 8:59 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
FORT WAYNE IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 5, 2017, 12:42 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
FORT WAYNE IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 1, 2017, 9:04 am
November 30, 2017, 9:04 am
November 29, 2017, 9:04 am
November 28, 2017, 5:04 pm
Departed Post Office
ILLINOIS
November 28, 2017, 11:40 am
USPS in possession of item
ILLINOIS

Yeah but today was a month since mine was mailed and it has overshot the destination by ~ 200 miles or slightly less than 1/3 of the total distance it had to travel to begin with - and that is AFTER I filed a search request.

I sort of wonder what would happen if I peeled the label off of the bottle and stuck it on a padded envelope...

Now it has gone from Saginaw to Detroit to Rockwood... so it has gone about 128 miles to get about 60 miles closer to Fort Wayne.

Normally I think USPS is pretty good but this one is a mess...

Yet another one MIA...

I got letter a week or two ago saying they regrettably could not locate the one I filed a search request on (and they delivered in December I think it was.)
confused.gif

Last edited:
Yeah Adam, I know, if they are important (or at least I feel they are important, I’m not really sure oil samples rise to the level of important for most people) I drop them in a priority mail envelope which works fine.

This one was dropped off on the 4th and scanned as “in USPS possession” and departed the post office that evening. The way the tracking works on these they typically just say “on way to next facility” until they are actually scanned at the destination. Nothing on this one since the 7th.

Search request filed today... Blackstone should get onto the PO ... It is kind of exciting to check each day and see if it has turned up in some strange place....
whistle.gif

Last edited:
And miraculously like a Phoenix rising from the ashes it gets delivered today.

I think I will just go ahead and file a search request when I mail them from now on
crackmeup2.gif

I'm going with the "they don't like touching liquids" argument.

Employees dumping mail into a mobius likely makes 'em giggle as if they've gotten away with something.

If the skuttlebutt says it's a "dangerous liquid" they now are standing for something.

Oh, I’m still getting updates on the search request that USPS have been unable to locate the sample they delivered on 4/21.

Mailed another one Monday, was secured to deliver Thursday but only made it as far as INDY, left INDY late last night... maybe deliver today ... maybe sits for a few more days - or a month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back