Kubota HHK70-14070 HST trans filter cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
200 hours on this Kubota HST filter with lots of really cold and really hot weather operation.

Lookin' good, not much to see here. Built like a tank like all the other Kubota filters I've seen, but for $23.00 it better be!

Has the typical kubota glitter from break in. Looks bad, but they all have lots of glitter in their early hours.

If you look at Tractorbynet or most other tractor forums pretty much everyone who does their first hydraulic service on a Kubota has lots of glitter and shavings.

They require a break-in service at 50 hours and man oh man do they have lots of shavings in their first 50.

I really don't know where it all comes from, but probably a combo of break in, machining leftovers etc.

Regardless most all kubotas run like champs and run for a very, very long time.

Is this for a tractor or a lawn tractor? My Kioti DK40SE had a fair amount of junk in the hyd/HST/final drive fluid for the first change as well. It seems for tractors they don't clean out all the machining debris for some reason... My HST filter has a cast aluminum can though as it sees ~200psi and was $70 for the last one. I imagine somebody good do well rebuilding HST filters for CUTs.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Is this for a tractor or a lawn tractor? My Kioti DK40SE had a fair amount of junk in the hyd/HST/final drive fluid for the first change as well. It seems for tractors they don't clean out all the machining debris for some reason... My HST filter has a cast aluminum can though as it sees ~200psi and was $70 for the last one. I imagine somebody good do well rebuilding HST filters for CUTs.

This is from my Kubota L3200 HST. It's a 32 hp tractor with a front end loader. Fantastic machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back