Which electric grease gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been researching electric cordless grease gun. I have always used a manual one. I now have an excavator and have a need for one now. It seems Milwaukee,Dewalt and Lincoln are most popular.I wish Ridgid tools made one since I have a 5 piece lithiun set already. The cost should remain $200 and under. My research shows the Milwaukee 12v seems to be the best bargain for about $165 for the kit on ebay. What are you using?

I have had the DeWalt and Lincoln..kinda hated both after using them for awhile. I used them on a small fleet of dump trucks that were greased once a week. I have also had a few pneumatics as well

I like the hand squeeze best and it has never let me down, nor pushed too much. I also like to 'feel' when a fitting is clogged so that i can remedy the problem. Pic below is what im talking about.

LUB0038V_NG.jpg

I have the hand type and it works good. My excavator will be left out in the woods 3/4 mile from compressed air so a pneumatic is out. Being that an excavator will take a lot more grease especially when it is thick and cold there is no joy in squeezing that lever. That is why I am looking towards an electric one.

I bought both the Lincoln and Dewalt at NAPA. both had issues and i just swapped them out.. the dewalt got really heavy laying under the trucks and tight places both were a pain due to size and awkwardness. If i had to make a living greasing i would go with the lincoln.

FWIW the motor sound is decently loud so you dont really hear the grease popping thru the seals, so overgreasing was an issue. If a fitting is blocked you have alot of grease to deal with spewing because it wont take.. so more rags are needed and of course u will use more grease than the hand gun due to both above.

Pneumatics are the worst because of the hose getting caught on everything and awkwardness.

I wondered about the need for a power grease gun. Until I read about the situation. Meantime keep your gun stashed in the engine bay some place. Charlie used to have an ancient Bucyrus-Erie track shovel. That thing had fittings that he hit before using for anything. Lotsa them.
grin2.gif

All good points. Maybe I will look into a better hand pump grease gun.

I've owned the Alemite 14.4v, Milwaukee M12 and currently the Dewalt 20V. Alemite's pump died after 2 years. Milwaukee was terrible to bleed so I sold that one. Currently very happy with the Dewalt no issues yet.

I see the Alemite 555e pistol grip on ebay sold as a Carquest product for about $36. This seems like a good deal. I have been using a cheap Walmart grease guns for years. This may be a step up from what I have been using.

Last edited:
You'll probably want a different grease coupler for the Alemite gun. The ones that come with the guns are not that great.

Well I got a good deal on the Dewalt 20v lion grease gun. This thing is fantastic. Effortless and powerful. Not sure why I waited so long to get one. The best feature is the variable trigger. I can put out the tiniest amount if needed. There is zero downside to owning one. Great tool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back