if i keep my old tires will DT charge me disposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The_Nuke
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
In Tx they won't.

Back in the late 90's, early 00's the disposal fee was mandatory on new tire sales in Texas. If it is no longer mandatory, that's great, but it hasn't always been that way.

And I can remember thinking that based upon the large number of peeve-off customers in regards to hearing this news at check-out time, the mandatory fee must have been a recent state law change. And honestly, it didn't line up for me at the time either - if you keep your tires, you shouldn't be charged a fee to dispose of them. Nevertheless, the fee was mandatory at the time, and we were told to explain it was out of our hands on whether or not to charge it, as it was a state law saying we had to.

Yeah I'm not sure about present day,but back in the early-mid 90s they would take the fee off if you took your old tires with you. Of course I had all these old tires in my garage,but based on principle I refused to pay them to throw my tires away,which I bet they make money off of selling them to retread shops. Maybe it varies from county to county,kind've like emission testing fees?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
In California, if you take the used tires home with you, they charge you double the environmental fee.

Haha it's like they're re-selling your old tires back to you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
In California, if you take the used tires home with you, they charge you double the environmental fee.

No, I take mine home all the time as a "cold spare", never charged me for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back