What Is Your Default Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess mine has become Havoline. I buy it buy the case for shop oil and to resell to customers. I have some Kendall, Lubrigold and ACDelco for synthetic. I'd like to just carry Havoline once I sell out of synthetic. We just don't use enough synthetic for me to keep it in stock.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
20W-50 right now *The whole of Bitog gasps*

Nah, we all know by now that Finns are crazy...

;^)

(felt OK about my joke cuz I'm half Finnish...)

Yep

Proof that Finns are also men of few words... ;^)

For the dailies/modern vehicles : Mobil 1 HM
For the old ones : Castrol GTX HM (I would use Mobil 1 HM 10w30 for them too but can't find it anywhere, only 5w20 and 5w30 is available)

I'm a bit of a Pennzoil fanboy. I had used PYB for years and years, though admittedly I have moved on to using strictly all synthetic oil. No particular reason except for it has become cheaper and cheaper to get synthetic. If the Ultra Platinum was more widely available, I'd probably strictly use that. Seeing as it's pretty hit or miss, however, I run whatever I feel in the mood for. I've gone from Ultra Platinum to my current fill of Quaker State Ultimate Durability, and my next fill (which will be in about a month or so) will be Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20.

Shield Choice 5w20 Syn Blend or Harvest King 5w20 Full Syn for my Edge and Fusion.

QS HM 5w30 for the Ranger.

Last edited:
596004.jpg

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Castrol Magnatec 5w30 is hard to beat right now at WM.

It was even harder to beat a month ago when it was $15.88 and that's where I'll buy it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back