2 oil change with ultra ? dino oil 5k each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
...FYI, can not see the ransomed Photobucket photos in your link.

Yeah weird. At the time I was on Pb looking at them so only thing I can think of why I was seeing them. Don't see them now. Anyway it was typical Ultra results.

I've never done this and probably wouldn't with my current car since the filter is small, and I run overlong ocls.

However, if I did do it I'd think removing the filter and draining it should be doable.

I'd give it a good shake before draining
Maybe even back flush it.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
I've never done this and probably wouldn't with my current car since the filter is small, and I run overlong ocls.

However, if I did do it I'd think removing the filter and draining it should be doable.

I'd give it a good shake before draining
Maybe even back flush it.

might as well change the filter while you at it

i am now confident using ultra for 2 full 5k 6 month each oil change without take the filter off , or 1 years 1000-2000 miles on my cobra. thanks every one.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I change any filter every 5k on an all gas driven car. There seems to be a parallel universe where in oil filters $6 more per year is a lot of money, but everywhere else $6 is a sandwich or a coffee or two or three gals of gas.

I do 5000 mile oil changes and every other filter change. Its not about the money.

Mostly, its about enhanced filtration. As the filter loads somewhat, its MORE efficient.
Also, some vehicles have poor filter placement locations. Less trouble to change it every other time.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
As the filter loads somewhat, its MORE efficient.

Not per Mann+Hummel.

I change any filter every 5k on an all gas driven car. There seems to be a parallel universe where in oil filters $6 more per year is a lot of money, but everywhere else $6 is a sandwich or a coffee or two or three gals of gas.

I do 5000 mile oil changes and every other filter change. Its not about the money.

Mostly, its about enhanced filtration. As the filter loads somewhat, its MORE efficient.
Also, some vehicles have poor filter placement locations. Less trouble to change it every other time.

AKA-Also known as being lazy!
grin.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I have other replies in mind, but to each his own.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

grin.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I have other replies in mind, but to each his own.
smirk.gif

honda is one of them, big mess also with big arms easy getting burn try reach up there.

Not really. I can't reach some without great difficulty. I have seriously large hands. I get a lot of comments when we greet and shake hands.

AKA-Also known as being lazy! ...
Not obsessively wasting time and money on an utterly pointless task is being smart, not lazy.

Not really. I can't reach some without great difficulty. I have seriously large hands. I get a lot of comments when we greet and shake hands.

Well, that does make sense.
My g/f used to take her 99 Malibu to Jippy Lube. When I first met her I told her my cousin or friend would start changing her oil. When my cousin did the very 1st OCI, what he found was to be expected from JL. The oil filter on her engine was black and we couldn't figure out the brand/make of it. As he started removing it, his blue latex glove was turning very black! Upon removal, the filter was actually white under all of that black road grime! It was a PROMOTIVE oil filter. There is no telling how long that oil filter had been on that engine and had NEVER been changed. I can see why they didn't change it. It was hard to get to, unless you had small hands.
But, that's typical JIPPY LUBE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back