Has anything ever affected your ability to repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special tools
Weather
Part availability
knowledge/talent - although there is little I can't take apart- reassembly - sometime thats a diff matter.

Anyone that wants work done can pick two out of the following three options. Picking all three is not possible:

High quality job
Fast job
Cheap job

Stage 4 Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Been fighting it for 4 years.
* Tumors damaged the nerves in my right arm. Partially numb and less than 50% of original strength
* Chemo makes you sick and weak (10 cycles over the last 4 years)
* Radiation makes you sick and weak (35 treatments so far - more coming up next week)
* Stem Cell Transplant chemo kills your bone marrow and the transplant brings it back to life (incredibly weak for months)
Despite all of the above, still change my own oil, rotate tires, and even managed to repair a flat tire on my truck on the road a few days ago.
Still here and will never give up.

Last edited:
Quad bypass back in 2012......old age mostly.
On another note, my oldest son quit a job as a locomotive electrician for the CN a few years back. He said the working environment with older workers that were sitting on retirement were ruining his working habits. He quit and went to work at Lucite Technologies as a plant electrician. Pays better than the railroad as well.

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
Stage 4 Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Been fighting it for 4 years.
* Tumors damaged the nerves in my right arm. Partially numb and less than 50% of original strength
* Chemo makes you sick and weak (10 cycles over the last 4 years)
* Radiation makes you sick and weak (35 treatments so far - more coming up next week)
* Stem Cell Transplant chemo kills your bone marrow and the transplant brings it back to life (incredibly weak for months)
Despite all of the above, still change my own oil, rotate tires, and even managed to repair a flat tire on my truck on the road a few days ago.
Still here and will never give up.

Sorry to hear that, SilverSnake, but also good to hear your attitude is where it needs to be as well.
cheers3.gif

Good luck going forward. I hope you kick it's a**!

Originally Posted By: NDL
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I worked at a place briefly who employed a guy who had very little patience. Everything had to be done as efficient as possible and done his way or the highway. He was like the shop manager I guess you could say. I feel that since I worked at that place that now I tend to just jump into things without thinking because I had that fast paced attitude pounded into my head. I'm not really a fast paced person and am not really good at multi tasking plus I hate being interrupted when doing something because it throws me off track.
I can't stand that mindset; such people are always "go, go, go" without thinking things through. There are always consequences to this approach, and I'll be [censored] if such people ever recognize "cause and effect."

I have (still) a neighbor like this.."Come on, come on...time is money on this job...let's crank this out....git 'er done...let's go, let's go." This doing stuff around the house. I stopped helping him. Thinking first before diving in head first was a waste-of-time to him obviously.

Problem was a lot of his 'repairs' were Tango Uniform as a result and his wife was frequently yelling at him. She was also talking sideways out-of-her-mouth to me about his 'work results'.

Go figure....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back