Is OEM Air Filter the "BEST"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
For my Toyota the OEM Denso is the best air filter by far.
How did you determine that?

Originally Posted By: CR94

A very fair question CR94.

There was an article here where the UNI foam filter completely crushed the Toyota OEM filter in flow and efficiency.

Mopar filters for our Cummins trucks are garbage. Stock truck will such the filter gauge down by half when brand new. I'm also convinced the entire air box assembly itself is garbage because it can't flow enough to feed the engine.

Originally Posted By: CR94
Fair question CR. I should have qualified my post. Best air filter for me.

Originally Posted By: Wreckage
In short, no they are not the best. They are the cheapest to manufacture though, so over Billions of cars produced... think about every dollar you save over that amount of vehicles.

There are filters that provide better filtration and air flow than OEM and are reusable.

The K&N Cotton Gauze is the cheapest to manufacture, that's why there are so many copies of the K&N cone filters.

I've used WIX / NAPA Gold, Hastings, Carquest Premium (made by Wix then), Purolator, Federated Auto Parts, etc, and they are all just as good or better than the OE filter.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: mclasser
The OEM air filter on my Pilot was filthy in 20k miles and I don't live in a particularly dusty/dirty area. I replaced it with a Fram and 25k miles later it still looks good. I basically only use Fram air filters now since they work well and are easy to find.

Wouldn't that indicate just the opposite?

I told a guy on an ATV forum one time, who said basically the same thing, that his K&N was super clean (I was basically telling him they were junk and way over priced) Needless to say, I thanked him for proving my point but surprisingly I never heard back from him?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: mclasser
The OEM air filter on my Pilot was filthy in 20k miles and I don't live in a particularly dusty/dirty area. I replaced it with a Fram and 25k miles later it still looks good. I basically only use Fram air filters now since they work well and are easy to find.

Wouldn't that indicate just the opposite?

That's what I think.

Yes, that seems to indicate that it's not filtering that well.
wink.gif

My Toyota Air filters look like trash at 10K. That is a good thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back