sandwich adaptor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ron17571
I keep thinking that a line larger than 1/8 would bleed off to much oil pressure.I could not find 1/8 oil line anywhere.(eBay, NAPA)I even have all the fittings for the T off the sending unit.I thought of using a 1/4 inch line but have yet to figure out a way to restrict it.

Use oil pressure gauge tubing.

Nylon or copper - either is available and either will work fine.

885-fst7584.jpg

BOSFST7554.JPG

Then run to the oil pan using a punched in drain fitting.

No, go to the valve cover.

You can use a transmission oil drain plug kit Like this:
5065128-007.jpg

The center hole (drian plug hole) should be tapped 1/8NPT
\Yes, you have to remove the valve cover to do this...
or just go into the oil cap.

Thanks for the reply.I was concerned with the ability of a copper line to withstand the environment of the engine compartment, Vibration. I will consider it.

I had an oil pressure gauge I installed on my Santa Fe. It regularly encountered 100psi oil pressure with a nylon tube. I switched it out for copper because the nylon tubing would give off an odour of engine oil in the cabin and I didn't like it. Both the copper and nylon tubing had 0 issues and I ran it for 10+ years and 300K miles.
grin2.gif

Yep, I am using nylon oil pressure gauge tubing for the return to the valve cover on my bypass also.

Thanks for the reply.I was concerned with the ability of a copper line to withstand the environment of the engine compartment, Vibration. I will consider it.

Make sure it is clamped/supported properly along it's length. Loops when appropriate.

1000's and 1000's of airplanes use it with no issue - the huge recip engine vibrate WAY more than your truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back