Mix and send it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
Im in west Tx, what is this 'cold' you speak of?

That's why I mentioned the business about it only being a concern to some. The term "send it" in the original topic had me wondering about UOAs, is all. Generally speaking, the two things I mentioned about mixing are the real concerns when it comes to mixing. Another thing to add would be pushing an oil further to its limits. M1 guarantees 10,000 mile OCIs on M1, 15,000 miles on EP, and so forth, not 8500 miles on a mix of M1 and something else.
wink.gif

None of these are concerns in this case, but, as you know, these threads always come up with some indicating absolutely nothing can every go wrong mixing.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The primary problem many of us perceived wasn't with the add pack per se but with the VIIs.

Which is a potential issue with mixed finished oils, but not with the additive concentrate I mentioned above, which didn't appear to have VII in it.

Yet the relative concern was the other way around.

Which is why I said "People are strange"

(I used a perfectly innocuous Scottish/N. England phrase the first time which got autocensored.)

Last edited:
CORRECTION to above post. The additive concentrate DID have VII in it.

However, all the discussion was on additive incompatability, so the comment on relative consensus still stands.

Last edited:
I'd do it for a short OCI in warm weather for sure. If I had absolutely freezing cold winters, maybe not.

Gotta love how you photographed your stash without revealing even one brand name.

The "Unknown Stash"......coming to a theatre near you.

The Real Oil Changers of the Internet.....new this Fall.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Gotta love how you photographed your stash without revealing even one brand name.

The "Unknown Stash"......coming to a theatre near you.

The Real Oil Changers of the Internet.....new this Fall.

Hahaha it's the only way to keep your attention. Hmm let's see...from top left > bottom right:
4 qts MileSyn blend 5w30, 1 qt Certified 5w30, 2 qts ST Mercon V, Car wash (Blue Royal? from WM), ST lube ;), 1 qt ST 5w20, 2 pints STP oil treatment (trying to figure out what to throw it in....), 1 pint ST TCW3, left over Magnatec 5w30, left over Rotella T 15w40, 5 qt jug M1 5w30, and 1 gallon Rotella T6 5w40.
The 2nd pic I hope is self explanatory lol

I actually just added 9 qts GTX 5w30, 1 qt gtx 10w30, and a 5 qt jug of PYB. These are not pictured bc they're for my parents, therefore, separate stash lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back