your utilitarian Daily Driver!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daily driver is the 2010 Fusion in my sig:

vxoned.jpg

She sees approximately 500 miles / week, including daily commute and local runs to the store, etc..

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Very utilitarian. :]

Probably got more space to get the baby seat out with that back to front rear door that we did in our old 5 door Corolla !

We are doing everything with my M6; at the same time it prolongs our CRV lifetime; it gets me to my job 5 days, then over the weekend we do all extra activities with it, until it falls apart and it is time for a replacement...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
Probably got more space to get the baby seat out with that back to front rear door that we did in our old 5 door Corolla !

lol.gif

It's limited by the fact that the front seat has to be backed up almost all the way against it just to accommodate a moderately sized adult. That and the low roof makes it really annoying to get a kid into or out of a rear-facing convertible seat. But yeah, other than that, it's good for a baby carrier type seat. It'll be even better when the kid's in a booster.

1999 Camry. Looks like I do about 25kmiles/year in it. It has some rattles and noises, appears one of my new struts has gone bad, but... it's a beater.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Very utilitarian. :]

We must be kin...

That is impractically practical. I bet you do not use all four doors all the time. Talk about overkill.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Now compare that to my MR2, it is a truck. The Ginny has four seats, a roof and a trunk! It has about 10X the storage space of the MR2!

My boy is front facing now so it is a lot easier but here is the photo on hand.

IMAG1713_zpsbfmtkvtl.jpg

IMAG1822_zpsiv7sh7zc.jpg

IMAG1857_zpsezfcqewo.jpg

I must say, the absolute easiest-to-load toddler-into-vehicle is the MR2 by a country mile.

IMAG1845_zpseo3e3xkl.jpg

But why would you want to own a floundering CUV/SUV when you live here? (I have a series of these photos based on the season).
IMAG1663_zpsn16e3o6n.jpg

IMAG1062_zpsj4ifvpxp.jpg

If it's not raining and I don't feel like cycling it's usually this. Does pretty good on short trips.. highway trips are a no go. Needs new ball joints and front end work but the condition of the back area isn't worth it. Almost 256k figured I'd just drive till it's done.. hopefully its in a safe manner. I have a couple lives left!

My daily driver is this 2000 Mustang GT automatic trans I bought wrecked and fixed up. Has 110,000 miles on it now, so I've put 7K miles on it since I got it back on the road in May of this year. Averages 20 mpg.

02 camry with 233k and 05 prius with 240k. Both have multiple sets of summer, winter, and extra tires on rims. Prius has subaru rims, Camry has Dodge Caravan ones. Both are old enough they don't have Tire PMS. Same oil filter/ spark plugs fit both (well enough). Get cheap parts on ebay. Diagnose with cheap Techstream clone. They get a light mist of Fluid film (one can for both cars) every November to avoid rust-- I just hit the rocker seams and subframe mounting areas. Other than that, no particular detailing or appearance care.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

You need to get in touch with our resident King of cheapness, Hybrid driver and resurrect-er, El Jefino....
He had a couple threads about skinny carseats and how to get kids in one piece after a long travel ordeal....

When my kids were little we had rear facing car seats in saturn s-series, it sucked. The skinny seat at the time was called the "Cosco Scenara." The rear facer rode behind the passenger who couldn't use all the seat's rearward travel. At least it was snuggly for the whole family! This was back when gas was $4, that sucked too.

Mine is an '09 Chevy Silverado extended cab with a six foot bed and the trailering package with 3:42 gears. 5.3 engine and four speed auto. I bought it new and it has been my daily driver for nine years. I average 17mpg in the city with synthetic oil and routine maintenance.

We had one of these as a rental in Italy. Capable little car.

Let's see if I can find the thread from 2012....

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2706780/Re:_It's_Good_to_be_Home#Post2706780

Some videos of the drive. The photobucket images are all broken. However, the link to the 1200 or so pictures is there. Some include the car.

Originally Posted By: Claud
1.25 liter Ford Fiesta. It will cruise at 80mph all day without needing to turn up the radio, and I can sit comfortably for hours doing this. The a/c keeps me cool on the hottest summer days - in the UK, maybe it would struggle with an Arizona summer.
Not much room for rear seat passengers and the trunk is tiny, although I can fold down the rear sear for more luggage space.
It returns 40+ mpg (Imperial, more like 35 mp(US)g.
All this from a car I paid £450 for three years ago and no repair bills.

Claud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back