Replacing my tires on my one day old new car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Originally Posted By: Donald
I would have run the tires until they needed replacement.

Ditto. An AWD Subaru can probably get quite far in winter even on bad tires.

AWD just puts you further into the ditch.

Nice job OP! Have always done that to all my cars. Got rid of the runcraps on the BMW as soon as I could.

Last edited:
The Bridgestone's factory OEM tires that came on my Corolla where good in the Pacific Northwest rain a fair in what little snow we have. But I'll have to admit with winter coming I changed them out a 63K miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Originally Posted By: Donald
I would have run the tires until they needed replacement.

Ditto. An AWD Subaru can probably get quite far in winter even on bad tires.

Go? Sure.

Stop? Turn? Not so much...

Saw dozens of wrecked AWD vehicles, including Subies, in Vermont during winter weather. Three things in common: all season tires, out of state plates, and drivers who thought that AWD helped you go DOWN the hill or around the corner.

It doesn't.

And they didn't...

Have you driven on the Bridgestones or are you just going by the reviews? The Dueler HP Sport A/S isn't that bad of a tire. Yes it's junk compared to the stuff you can buy aftermarket but for an OE I say they're pretty good. I have no complaints about mine. Quiet and handle fine in rain. Have not driven in snow yet but according to tirerack they score decent in snow, for an OE tire.

14k miles and mine are sitting right around 7/32nds, rotated every 6k miles. Not on my car right now because I went with a different wheel set up, but I suppose I could have gotten 25k before getting close to the wear bars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: madRiver
Be very aware that these Nokian winter biased all seasons turn real noisy with neglect in rotations or alignment issues.

I have various versions over last 15 years.

What other brand tires do stay quiet with neglect in rotations or alignment issues?

I wouln't have tossed the NEW Bridgestones for $140 because i don't like getting taken advantage of. My Bridgstones were OK tires for an all-weather tire but, not snow. Turn in was good and fairly quiet. Ed

I wore through the OEM Hankook Optimo H426s on the Kia in 15k miles. If my OEM tire experience is indicative of the industry, you didn't miss much in ditching those tires.

That’s way better than me … put the Kooks at the curb w/ only 10k on them …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back