Detailed the XJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washed it with CG Citrus wash, then Nanoskinned the paint, then used some Poorboy's SSR 2.5 on a few scratches and then finished it off with Duragloss 601/111 mixed at 1:4.
ktFFlaa.jpg

sXweGHW.jpg

gBeu759.jpg

1S2hMbC.jpg

rtl8k5f.jpg

I think that's the only Poorboy's stuff I've ever used...I'm not really loyal to any brand besides Duragloss for sealants and Aquawax.

And thanks. I'm not real crazy about the wheels and they could use a refinish. I like the wheels that Jeep used after and the ones Jeep used before, but it would bother me that they're not original.

Looks great! You've taken good care of it.

Mine is in pretty good shape too, the white paint has a couple spots where it's starting to peel. It's also done a lot of desert driving so deep down it's got some AZ pinstriping. It has been waxed 1time in it's entire life about 5 years ago.

Here's the most recent picture I have of it after a wash

Looks good! Gotta love these Jeeps. I have just about the same amount of mileage on mine as you do yours (at 136k now).

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Looks good! Gotta love these Jeeps. I have just about the same amount of mileage on mine as you do yours (at 136k now).
Yeah I love driving it, I replaced the seats with ZJ seats, they bolt right up to the seat frames. Much more comfortable now. I'm going to modify the seat frame though so it can go back about 2 more inches, I'm too tall for it, my knees are pretty close to the dash.

Mine was owned by the state of Arizona from new until April 2007 at 100k miles, my grandpa bought it at a state auction. It used to have a small siren on the roof.. It's an extreme base model, manual everything, doesn't even have rear speakers. Didn't have a center console but I put one in.

I think that's the only Poorboy's stuff I've ever used...I'm not really loyal to any brand besides Duragloss for sealants and Aquawax.

And thanks. I'm not real crazy about the wheels and they could use a refinish. I like the wheels that Jeep used after and the ones Jeep used before, but it would bother me that they're not original.

There's the 5 spoke XJ, YJ rim (Jurrasic Park Wrangler rim) and the 10 spoke found on the the older AMC stuff. Both would look sharp on your Jeep. My father has the 10 spokes on his red MJ.

Good looking Jeep though. I've liked these as long as I can remember. Heck, the MJ used to be my mom's back in the day.

Last edited:
I'd love to do the seat frame thing to mine. What does that involve?
I asked for recommendations on cherokeeforum and someone used flat bar steel and drilled holes where it can bolt where it already is, and then drilled holes a couple inches back for the seat to bolt on. It'll involve a welder and probably some reinforcing, it'll probably be a month or so until I get time to do it, I'll definitely message you some pictures

Both of you have verry nice Jeep Cherokees.

I had a friend with same vehicle with manual transmission which I didn't think they even made.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'd love to do the seat frame thing to mine. What does that involve?
I asked for recommendations on cherokeeforum and someone used flat bar steel and drilled holes where it can bolt where it already is, and then drilled holes a couple inches back for the seat to bolt on. It'll involve a welder and probably some reinforcing, it'll probably be a month or so until I get time to do it, I'll definitely message you some pictures

Sounds good, hopefully it works on power seats too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back