Where to buy rust free truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Now that FL and Tx and in between hit with hurricanes.

Texas is H U G E ...

and very little of it got affected by any hurricanes....

shoot, it barely even rained at all at my place!

X2, And there are probably more trucks in Texas than any other state.

Oklahoma
banana2.gif

There is a huge market for trucks in Texas, so more expensive there. I find really good deals down here in Florida. Ive even thought of shipping them north and selling em there for a profit. You wont find many/any flood trucks in Florida. State doesn't flood like it does elsewhere. Any flooding will be extremely localized with minimal impact.

Here in Central VA it doesn't snow much. I haven't had any issues with rust the whole 30 years I've been here. If a truck is within 5 years old chances are there isn't even a spot of rust. Northern VA, Winshester, etc. that's a different story, though as it snows a lot more.

Now that FL and Tx and in between hit with hurricanes.
Thinking it might be hard to ensure I get one without water damage since I’m from NY and would like to fly in and drive home.

Found one in OH but not sure they are better than NY.
2013-2014
F150
4x4
V8
Sunroof
SuperCrew aka crew cab

[email protected]

I'm in Orlando very little flooding around central Florida. Stay away from the coasts though or St. Johns river. That's where most of flood damage occurred.

Originally Posted By: stevo585

I'm in Orlando very little flooding around central Florida. Stay away from the coasts though or St. Johns river. That's where most of flood damage occurred.

I'm in Jupiter, FL. No flooding here. Only a few roads in Miami. And, of course the FL Keys. Most evacuated, and were largely devoid of cars.

I don't think there are many flooded cars from FL.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Where to buy a rust free truck, you ask?

A new vehicle dealer.

Only kidding.

Here in NY they come pre rusted

Thanks all.
Nothing local. And reading this reminded me I need to buy a NY (and other) smog rated vehicle.

Soooo she only needs more than 7,500 miles?
https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/california-emissions-standards

Yep-When I lived in California I bought a ever so slightly used Mazda 626 once from Arizona. It had 5,500 miles on it. I had to drive it around for a couple of months to put the required millage on it. I also checked under the hood for the sticker that said it was certified California emissions. (Most vehicles are these days).

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
I read or heard on TV that flood cars are making it into Arizona now so you're going to have to do your homework where ever you go.

No state is safe from having flood vehicles brought in-except maybe Hawaii and Alaska.

Buyer beware!

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: stevo585

I'm in Jupiter, FL. No flooding here. Only a few roads in Miami. And, of course the FL Keys. Most evacuated, and were largely devoid of cars.

I don't think there are many flooded cars from FL.

Very few flooded cars from Florida.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Albuquerque

That's a hard word to spell.

Indeed it is.

But always take a left turn there.

My truck did about half its years in Ohio and half in Utah and its pretty rusty for a 2WD. Nothing on the body but you can tell its seen a lot of road salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back