Anti seize on spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
When I change the tires for the seasons Winter/Summer I always fluid film or chain/bar-lube the hubs. Never have an issue getting them off. Anti-seize would be great too!

I use plastic sheet or aluminium foil for that. Lately the metallised silvery plastic that junk food snacks come in. Grease would be OK too but might melt and spin off.

Antiseize is unobtainable here so too precious for such use.

The exposed part of the drive shaft during the winter with my steel rims/winter tires always gets sprayed with Fluid Film and will last the entire winter along with car washes.
thumbsup2.gif

With the rock salt used here in the north east I don't know how fluid film would hold up to salt spray. Anti-seize is a PITA to get off your hands and has lasted several seasons for me.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
So far nobody has repudiated my recommendation for Tri-Flow. Interesting.

Never heard of it so I looked at the website briefly. Its apparently a "superior lubricant", which would be good if it meant anything, and its marketed for bicycles, which implies that its

(a) expensive
(b) not especially designed for high temperatures.

Theres also a hint that it might have PTFE in it. I use thread seal tape when I want PTFE on threads, but I now wouldn't use it in potentially high temperature locations (there is some inside my brake calipers which I'll probably remove next time I strip them) because it could break down to form fluoric acid, which is very nasty stuff.

Not a full "repudiation", but maybe enough to keep you going?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Not a full "repudiation", but maybe enough to keep you going?

I buy it mainly for the convenience of the little straw. I put just enough on there to help me get the plug screwed in. I still have to wiggle the plug as I'm screwing it in, but the Tri-Flow makes it easier.

Now if the threads were black phosphate like some plugs rarely are, I'd paint on a thin coat of anti-seize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back